Corsair Community

Help needed: H80i V1 responding to CPU temp/usage instead of fluid temp

blueSilver

Hi there, i'm new to the Corsair forums. Please don't bee too harsh :laughing:

Iv'e recently updated my CoirsairLink to version 4.3.0.154. Since then, I haven't had any similar issues until now. After upgrading to this version and restarting my PC, the fan noise/RPM increases when the PC is loading programs/games and decreases when they're done loading/closed. I'm not sure if this bug is making the RPM work based on CPU usage (which likely isn't possible) or based on the CPU's temperature instead of the pump's fluid temperature. In theory, it seems like there's a mix-up with the sensors.

Again, the pump is a V1, not a V2. I bought the H80i V1 a few years back and it included firmware which iv'e been upgrading every now and then. Thanks in advance if anyone can give me an easy, quick fix to this issue.

On an additional note if this might be related to an OS problem, this PC used to run on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit before I upgraded it several months ago.

Does Devices and Printers report the H100i (Corsair Integrated USB Bridge)?

Does Device Manager report and errors for it? If so what?

What firmware version does it have?

What does the CL 4.3.0.154 [Home] tab report? Attach a screen shot.

Hi Red, thanks for your response.

In the device manager, it appears to show as "Integrated USB Bridge" instead of "Corsair Integrated USB Bridge", there appears to be no errors displaying. Also please remember that I am using an H80i V1, not an H100i. :biggrin:

The H80i V1's firmware version is showing as 1.0.7 according to CL.

Here is a screenshot link as requested (click somewhere on the pic to zoom in): http://imgur.com/a/UJdfG

The H80i V1's firmware version is showing as 1.0.7 according to CL.

Oops, H100i and H80i are much the same anyway.

Maybe you just need to change the fan configurations, what are they at the moment.

The latest firmware is 1.1.3 and were it my cooler I would update it. Doing this is a PITA though as you will need to use CL 3.2.5742 as CL4 can't update firmware :(:. Corsair need a :asskick:

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for you to attach screen shots.

Oops, H100i and H80i are much the same anyway.

Maybe you just need to change the fan configurations, what are they at the moment.

The latest firmware is 1.1.3 and were it my cooler I would update it. Doing this is a PITA though as you will need to use CL 3.2.5742 as CL4 can't update firmware :(:. Corsair need a :asskick:

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for you to attach screen shots.

Instead of de-grading CL, is there a way on CL that I can upgrade the firmware by the slightest bit even if it doesn't get to the latest?

Also, i'm not really sure how I can change the configurations in CL, as the only thing I can change is the name of things and that's pretty much it, I don't even have the boxes that allow me to change the group on some things and change the mode, either. Are there any other ways I can try? Is there something I didn't catch in the corner of my eye in CL?

I don't want to screw up my PC in BIOS or CMOS, heck I had the CMOS replaced recently and replacing it again won't make any sense :sigh!:

On the CL4 [Home] tab click on the H80i fans and the configuration panels for each should popup.

What have you stated "I don't want to screw up my PC in BIOS or CMOS"? This is nothing to do with the H80i firmware.

Sorry if I may have stirred up something, I may be good at gaming but i'm not too tech-savvy. Iv'e been searching up fixes for this particular issue others have had and the responses had to do with something about opening up the BIOS and checking the CMOS...didn't make sense to me, either.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll see if the config panels show up when I return home. Are there any other suggestions you'd like to tell me as well?

Archived