Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.4.25 here

Technobeard

Hello,

I just said that of "do you feel, lucky, do you, punk?" and threw myself into installing v4.2.4.25 (that did not appear on the H100i GTX downloads page... Corsair will not have updated that page, I guess, as it is said that CL version works with H100i GTX as said here).

But so far, I only see these changes (all for the worse):

1-No "grouping" possibilities: I have the H100i GTX group; and those are all "groups". Now I am as with old v3.2.5742, but at least on that old version it said more than 1 group, so I "could" control H100i GTX pump or fans using the CPU temperature (even if IT DIDN'T WORK). So real change is they have removed the option instead of fixing it.

2-The "devices" names are unchangeable. I can surely add a "name", but I have 6 HDD/SDDs and some of those have 2 temperature readings. I cannot know which is which (well, I did it forcing working on each doubtful disk and reading using Hardware Info 64), and the generic name is impossible to be changed or erased so the name allowed to be changed does not properly identify "for me" in a quick look; but well, I can live with it...

3-Following point (2-), now the sensors I don't like to have there (secondary HDD temperature readings or the core 0-3 CPU temperatures, as I am having the Max CPU core temperature on the case configuration graph, are not able to be hidden, as it was before on older versions... Again, I can live with those sensors there but...

4-No H100i GTX LED options as before, just colour change. Again, nothing I cannot live without, but another step back from CL3.

5-The "custom" graphs for making Temp vs fan speed are non ruled yet, so it keeps being hard to be accurate with curve creation.

6-The last tab "graphs" opens an extra window, but as no "maximize" button is on the applicaction window, I just resized it... so when pressed the "graph" tab did not see the extra window attached to the right side... So, why no maximize button and/or move the graphs to the visible window? Another minimal issue but worse than on prior versions.

6-Only "change" I see is that they have added 3 "interface colour skins"... But believe me, that is the least important thing when all the rest is still not working on the fundamental for a controlling program... Also no configurations stored and saved from CL3 to CL4...

OK, I'll ask throught that useful, but complex, thread, Red-Ray. I am going to try this restarting and such to see if it crashes and if profiles are properly stored, anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 2.7 I have been notifying Corsair of the issue with the PSU's not keeping the setting of Fixed 40% to deal with the design flaw of the AXi series PSU's that makes the 0 RPM fan setting cause the fan to spin erratically. With each new version they ignore the problem.

This version is even worse than most. LOL no fix and now its broken even more. I had to make a small program and special tasks to launch the program each time the computer wakes from sleep just to set the fan back to 40%.. then kill the program because I don't want to have to run this crappy program.

With this version .. now even launching the program doesn't always set the fan to 40% ... now sometimes I have to launch it and then launch the programs window and change the profile to one of the preset ones until the fan turns on then set it to the 40% profile I made.

I can't believe that I have had to deal with this same problem to fix a defect in the design of my 200 dollar PSU for so long and have been ignored time and time again.

Time to see if another manufacturer offers a PSU that can be monitored and get rid of this POS and the POS link software.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to 4.2.4.25 from 3.1.5570, big mistake.

I had to setup my fans again, since my settings from the previous version did not copy over. Not a big deal, but with the exact same fan settings I am now experiencing the LED bug (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137364), but only on my H100i LED, not my strip. This is happening with a custom curve on my H100i fans and all other fans set to default. The blinking seems to happen randomly, not just when the fans change speed.

While I am on the topic of custom curves, the new interface is horrible. Having to adjust the fans on the graph rather than just entering temps and speeds is ridiculous and makes it nearly impossible to set it where I want.

I am using Windows 10 and have the H100i and Commander Mini.

Hi there,

running latest version of LINK with a H100i GTX.

I mainly use the pc as a DAW, so DPC latency is critical.

When running link this disaster happens:

http://i65.tinypic.com/a1mwys.png

Any idea when this will be (finally) fixed?

C.

Any idea when this will be (finally) fixed?

As CL4 uses the CPUID SDK then your best option is to check if CPUZ or HWM also cause high DPC latencies. If this is so then report the bug to the CPUZ/HWM developers and a future CL4 release should have the issue fixed.

I just checked on my W10 x64 RS2 Build 14915 X58 system and I get the same effect. I have mentioned this to the CPUID SDK developers and am awaiting a reply.

I just checked on my W10 x64 RS2 Build 14915 X58 system and I get the same effect. I have mentioned this to the CPUID SDK developers and am awaiting a reply.

You where totally right: both CPUZ and HWM, as LINK, have the very same issue.

I emailed CPUID developers about it.

Thanks.

C.

i have H100i liquid cooler with four fans working fine until updated to Corsair Link Software 4.2.4.25. Now, fan1 is not detected and is not rotating. During boot it switches on and then remains at 0 rpm. Link software is displaying only fan 2,3,4. After upgrading and rebooting cooler header light started blinking with cpu 0 rpm error. After rebooting the fan 1 was switching on and off with header light blinking. I switched off the system for some time and then started , this time booted with no error but, fan 1 still undetected. Can somebody help me in fixing this.

MB : ASUS P9X79-E WS

CPU : intel i7 4930K

Haven't updated CL in ages (2.5ish) so was stoked to see it's into the 4s. Not sure it's a big improvement though.

The graphs particularly are frustrating to me, they're much to small to be really useful and they're not adjustable. It'd be nice to be able to reorder the graphs so instead of them being in whatever the default order is (Sensor id maybe?) you could put say CPU temp and GPU temp right next to one another.

It'd also be great being able to extend the graph size so that's it's capturing more than just a 30 second snippet.

Finally, how about making the graphs draggable. The "Home" tab on CL has a few items on it but the majority of it is empty space. Allow us to drag graphs to that tab and "pin" them there. That way the Home page is a genuine one stop dashboard.

Side note: I think installing this version killed the fan speed recording on my AX760i again. At a guess I need to uninstall and reinstall the corsair USB dongle driver. Kinda weird that the install messes it up :(

Windows device manager still shows the USB driver as installed ok. But the fan is not showing RPM. Had the same problem when I installed the really old version. A reinstall of the USB driver fixed it last time. Now I'm just trying to figure out where the hell I got the driver from and whether there is an updated version.

Windows device manager still shows the USB driver as installed ok. But the fan is not showing RPM. Had the same problem when I installed the really old version. A reinstall of the USB driver fixed it last time. Now I'm just trying to figure out where the hell I got the driver from and whether there is an updated version.

Post the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot

It's working now. Did a complete uninstall of everything corsair related and reinstalled from scratch.

More feedback on Corsair Link; It doesn't remember window size or position when it's shutdown and started. ie: I resize it to the size I want and drag the window where I want it then next time it's started up it's back to default size and position.

It doesn't remember window size or position when it's shutdown and started. ie: I resize it to the size I want and drag the window where I want it then next time it's started up it's back to default size and position.

I know and it's a PITA! I have been reporting this bug since 27-Jan-2016, it's not been fixed and Corsair show no visible signs of fixing this and most of the other issues.

See point 10 in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833499.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived