Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.4.25 here

Technobeard

I just don't get how Corsair did not do this from day one. When I added LCD support to SIV it would have been harder not to have all the PSU information available!

CL4 should also have different user specified colours for low, medium and high values just as SIV does.

Any chance you would consider adding a "Configure" display to SIV? I'm sure you could do a much better job (hiding indicators not required, allowing creation of calculated indicators, colour indications, hysteresis and moving averages for fan control inputs etc.).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance you would consider adding a "Configure" display to SIV? I'm sure you could do a much better job (hiding indicators not required, allowing creation of calculated indicators, colour indications, hysteresis and moving averages for fan control inputs etc.).

Ask SIV questions in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665. BTW I have no idea what the "Configure display" would configure, the panel in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864886 is a configure display :confused:.

Am i suppose to see my ram(s) temperature through CL link?

It should if they have MTS support. Do any utilities report them?

Were you to run my SIV utility and post the Menu->Hardware->SPD Summary + Menu->Hardware->SPD Thermal screen shots I could comment further.

You may also find http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864155 interesting.

It should if they have MTS support. Do any utilities report them?

Were you to run my SIV utility and post the Menu->Hardware->SPD Summary + Menu->Hardware->SPD Thermal screen shots I could comment further.

You may also find http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=864155 interesting.

sorry i don't use SIV so can't report.

& no,i haven't seen any report on my ram temp with any utility.

I thought they had built in temp sensor & they update link to show the temps.

Guess i was expecting too much from my precious dominator platinum rams.

Although apart from appearance the rams gave me a very hard time.

moral of the story: never going to buy dominator series ram ever again.

Since the uptade I am not able to change the pump speed on the H100iGTX. No matter which of the two settings I select: 'Quiet', or 'Performance', it gives the same 1740rpms.

Is this a bug? Did something go wrong in the instalation? Is this a new behavior? (albeit a very poor one if intentional)

Thanks.

Rafa.

No matter which of the two settings I select: 'Quiet', or 'Performance', it gives the same 1740rpms.

My H80iGT gives about 1740 and 2880 and it also worked on a friends H100iGTX.

Did you remember to press [Apply]?

On 08-Aug-2018 I discovered that CL 4.2.4.25 probably fails to correctly implement the defined locking semantics, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=866159. Using SIV 5.12 Beta-24 it reported the issue in < 2 seconds, so I am at a loss as to how the Corsair CL4 interoperability testing passed.

Corsair, is this a known issue and if so on what date is there expected to be a CL4 release to address this please?

I'll be really honest with you I've been watching what you do for a long time Ray and we would love to have someone like you helping out with issues. Its getting ridiculous and I find it disgusting that they don't respond to you. Corsair (I know you more than likely will not care) I WILL NOT BE PURCHASING ANY FURTHER CORSAIR PRODUCTS OR RECOMMENDING THEM TO CUSTOMERS. I find is terrible the amount of work this guy does and goes out of his way to help. It says to me as a long time customer I'm 36 years old and I have spent £1000's and £1000's on corsair products. I will no longer be purchasing or recommending products to any of our customers from now on. Why would I when you wont take this guys comments why would you a customer who has no idea and needs help. Or is it because the "generic" reply's "reboot PC or Uninstall and re-install" is the only reply's your good at. When someone like this so complex and descriptive in his reports you guys dont reply?, is this because you don't know how... Maybe.. People may think I'm being stupid. Its the principle. Look back years and years of Red Rays reports and tell me how would you feel. I personally am disgusted. This guy should be applauded, maybe even hired as a technical adviser good knows I think you guys need it...

I totally agree with this and i will also do the same. I hate companies that ignore their customers, specially when they are so skilled and try to help.

Basically i come here to read what red-ray has to say about a new update before i update. As i can see this is another buggy update not worth getting. Right now i'm running 4.2.3.41 and dont see any reason to update.

I hope Corsair starts to take their customers more seriously and creates a known bug list so we can track what problems there are left to fix.

I totally agree with this and i will also do the same. I hate companies that ignore their customers, specially when they are so skilled and try to help.

Basically i come here to read what red-ray has to say about a new update before i update. As i can see this is another buggy update not worth getting. Right now i'm running 4.2.3.41 and dont see any reason to update.

I hope Corsair starts to take their customers more seriously and creates a known bug list so we can track what problems there are left to fix.

Corsair's lack of quality and support means I've now spent over £8,000 on products from other companies in the past two years, rather than put up with sub-par Corsair. That £8k would have been spent on Corsair's products, from cases to power supplies to cooling.

There are better options out there, and companies where customers are valued.

That being said, I still have no issue buying Corsair RAM. That's what they were known for and the quality is excellent, but they're losing out to Avexir and new companies.

i

I still have no issue buying Corsair RAM.

I feel Corsair RAM MTS (Module Thermal Sensor) reporting is not all it should be and it's almost impossible to know if DIMMs have MTS support before you buy them as looking at the Tech Specs via http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-2666mhz-c16-memory-kit-red-led-cmu16gx4m2a2666c16r MTS reporting is not specified. I have also found that Corsair support provided some misleading and incorrect information about MTS reporting. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156067, http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155914 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=865918.

Corsair's lack of quality and support means I've now spent over £8,000 on products from other companies in the past two years, rather than put up with sub-par Corsair. That £8k would have been spent on Corsair's products, from cases to power supplies to cooling.

There are better options out there, and companies where customers are valued.

That being said, I still have no issue buying Corsair RAM. That's what they were known for and the quality is excellent, but they're losing out to Avexir and new companies.

i

@Tonemapped & red-ray

I recently upgraded my PC so it wont be anytime soon i upgrade again but for power supply and water cooling what other brands would you recommend?

I'm in Sweden (EU) so not all brands make it here but most of the should be possible to find still.

For my next upgrade i seriously will consider to make the jump. Its shameful that there has not been a single response to the concerns raised by red-ray for the several last updates. I dont understand why / how Corsair support can justify ignoring the issues raised by red-ray.

@red-ray

but for power supply and water cooling what other brands would you recommend?

1. As this is a Corsair forum I feel it would be inappropriate to recommend other brands.
  2. If you wish to get a PSU that SIV will report then check the Menu->Tools->Link Limits panel for a list of PSUs that SIV currently supports.
  3. The only AIOs I have used are Asetek and CoolIT based ones.
  4. I added support to SIV for the Antec KÜHLER H2O 1250 which has very limited reporting and control facilities.
  5. AFAIK only Corsair offer CoolIT based AIOs so I would reluctantly get one of those for the reasons I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027.

I agree count me in as not buying or recommending Cooling or sw from Corsair in the future.

1. As this is a Corsair forum I feel it would be inappropriate to recommend other brands.
  2. If you wish to get a PSU that SIV will report then check the Menu->Tools->Link Limits panel for a list of PSUs that SIV currently supports.
  3. The only AIOs I have used are Asetek and CoolIT based ones.
  4. I added support to SIV for the Antec KÜHLER H2O 1250 which has very limited reporting and control facilities.
  5. AFAIK only Corsair offer CoolIT based AIOs so I would reluctantly get one of those for the reasons I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027.

Thanks, i realized after i posted it might not be appropriate to discuss other brands here. I will check SIV :)

I finally have had enough of this bull****! I just ordered all new cooling equipment, fan controller, LED controller from a company that has a really nice software control unit. I can not wait to rip this ****ing corsair **** out of my computer... This LINK Hardware is crap the firmware is carp and never gets updated, the support is crap and the LINK software is crap, I wish I could get all my money back from purchasing 2 commander mini's all the LED strips, the H100iv2, and the 2 RAM coolers...all look cool, but function like a **** burger... Can't wait to use a piece of software that actually adjusts your equipment when it gets too hot or cools down reliably. Bye Bye Corsair I will never give you another penny.

I wish I could get all my money back from purchasing 2 commander mini's all the LED strips, the H100iv2, and the 2 RAM coolers.

If you are in the EU then this may be possible, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=863633 and http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:l32011

I noted do not comply with the requirements of professional diligence.

Just bought the H100i-V2 and got it installed and running just fine, but I cannot install the Link program, I get a pause when I go to install it, then it tells me that it is installed, but there isn't even a folder where it's supposed to be. Anyone else with the same problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

How views can change :eek:. I just don't see why Corsair do not address the firmware issues.

Yup..another customer lost ... they don't seem to care... NZXT gear all installed and running perfectly... It actually works the way its supposed to.

Bye Bye :) I love your System Information Software... keep up the great work.

Hi all,

I was not "taking care" of CL since last CL v3.2.5742. It "let's say worked" for me. But lately some times when starting the status is unchanged when applying a different profile. Solution is restarting or just closing/entering session again. Also the neverending issue of nonapplying profiles without opening a second instance of the program and then if I had last profile applyed my "own one" instead of quiet/performance, etc., the fans go to 100% speed just at the start of the second instance is opened... Also I never got it to work on the CPU temperatures, but only on the cooler liquid temperatures (what leaded to some nights 81ºC on 1 of the 8 threads of my CPU...!!!!!!!).

But "so far" it works.

So, I saw new versions for CL were available... and I am really afraid of trying them.

First, I go to downloads for my H100iGTX (I also have a Corsair PSU but it is old and non conroleed/monitored by CL) and LAST version available IS: v4.2.3.41, instead of "last" v4.2.4.25 as advertised:

-1: Where can I get that one (v4.2.4.25)? The in-app search for newer versions (no ENgish literal, translation of text) button does not work, either.

Also:

-2: Do I get any "good" from upgrading v3.2.5742 to newer (in case I can find that "newer" download)?

-3: Will I lost the previous configurations?

I have heard someone had a problem with same cooler than I have pump staying locked at quiet 1800rpm...

-4: Are there any special "notes" to follow prior to installing new one, does it need to remove old CL version first?, do I need to close that running instance first? The 2 PDFs on the downloads page say nothing on this regard, and I don't want to break (again) everything just for installing an update.

And, as I see no a single Corsair "official" answer in here (¡¡!!¿¿??), I do use HWInfo64 and I saw some last times upgrades that added the H100i GTX to the sensors, others removed them... but it never showed anything (for monitoring pourposes). Does SIV work on the monitor and more important CONTROL for the Asetek H100i GTX with thise CL4? I have read this thread and the other... but I am a bit lost, Red-Ray. I studied long ago hardware issues you are so aware with your program, but for now I hardly remember a thing (I am not in that anymore). Thank you, by the way, for all your work. As previously said, this is ridiculous from Corsair side

Does SIV work on the monitor and more important CONTROL for the Asetek H100i GTX with thise CL4? I have read this thread and the other... but I am a bit lost, Red-Ray. I studied long ago hardware issues you are so aware with your program, but for now I hardly remember a thing (I am not in that anymore). Thank you, by the way, for all your work.

I cannot figure out what you are asking, but feel you should ask SIV questions in the http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 thread. Try asking again stating what you wish to do with SIV.

Download CL via http://www.corsair.com/es-es/support/downloads

Archived