Corsair Community

K70 RGB Rapidfire; Profiles not working

Guinibee

Hello All,

Proud owner of a new K70 RGB Rapidfire! Just got it at PAX East. I had a K70 RGB before, but the mx silver switches felt really cool for gaming so I bit the bullet on this one. Also the new font and usb passthrough I'm a fan of.

The only drawback is I can't get my profiles (mostly Gerswitz) to work on the new board. When I go to import them, nothing happens.

Is it perhaps because the keyboard is so new there needs to be a driver update to Corsair Utility or am I missing something?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I'm using software version 1.16.42 and firmware version 2.04...I believe these are the newest ones...If I try to update from the program it tells me I have the latest one.

In terms of profiles basically anything from Gerschwitz channel...but this one in particular I'm trying...it's in the description under "download link"

[ame]

[/ame]

Wow that worked! How did you get that to work? I'd like to do it to the other profiles...

He hasn't updated his profiles for the Rapidfire yet. To do this with other profiles, open the .prf file in Notepad++ or a similar text editor (regular Notepad doesn't keep linebreaks) and ctrl+f for "K70 RGB" and change it to "K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE".

He hasn't updated his profiles for the Rapidfire yet. To do this with other profiles, open the .prf file in Notepad++ or a similar text editor (regular Notepad doesn't keep linebreaks) and ctrl+f for "K70 RGB" and change it to "K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE".

Oh Ok...thanks for the help...let me try that

• 1 month later...

Reapexx thank you so much for that explanation - I was going crazy trying to work out why none of the profiles I downloaded were working! It seems a bit silly that the profiles have to be edited with a simple word swap just to make them work with newer models.

Anyway thanks again.

• 7 months later...

Hey,

Not saying that the information isn't correct but I am more interested in what I could be doing wrong. I just bought the K70 RGB Rapidfire. I have been looking, reading, and watching all the youtube videos that I can to try to help me download profiles. I have gone through the ones that I downloaded and went into Notepad++ and changed where it said K70 RGB to K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE. Still no success I either receive an answer that says "No ExportedEverything tag" or "Invalid XML" I have tried 5 different profiles from all different creators. I tried the one that you had in the chain and that one imported without any errors. What am I doing wrong? I would love to get this situation taken care of so I can have fun with the settings and make my setup even more me!

Also, the original thread predates the release of CUE 2.0 XX. At that point in time, all of the profiles were designed for CUE 1.0 xx. Now profiles for both CUE 1 & 2 are scattered around and they are not interchangeable. You must use a profile designed for the version you are using.

Archived