Corsair Community

Corsair H115i fan replacement ?

Mr-Dark

Hello

I just order the H115i and SP140 led twin pack fan's.. now my question

the corsair link can control the fan speed for the 3pin SP140 or i need PWM fan's ?

If yes i will order another twin pack for Push/Pull.. but if No i need PWM fan's..

I have the 780T + 5820k +H100i + 980s now..

Thanks for all ^^ :)

I will use the 3in Sp140 as pull and connect them to the board header, now need PWM fan's as Push for the link.. can someone recommended one for me ?

Please no Noctua fan's.. they are Ugly

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ugly, possibly, very good, definitely. Do you actually need push/pull? It usually only makes a couple of degrees difference and may well add to the noise, although you may be able to run all 4 fans slower to compensate.

You may want to run the SP140 LED by themselves first to see if you really need push-pull. Having used that fan on a H110 and the same 5820k, I would say you don't. At 4.3-4.4 the differences are really only apparent on a full load stress test and the 3C difference doesn't matter to me. It wasn't an issue at minimal speeds either. My low load CPU temps were also quite low and that 3C difference at 45C doesn't matter either.

If you do decide to do this, I would stay with the same fans on push and pull and run one splitter each from your CPU_FAN and OPT headers at the top of board. Mixing fans in push pull can sometimes have strange results, although it is not strictly necessary to use matching fans. More important might be the means of control. Having one system tied to water temperature and one tied to CPU temperature from two different programs is going to be complicated and is highly likely to cause some software conflict issues. Mismatched speeds can be counter-productive.

A final reason not to mix the fan types is the lack of 4 pin PWM 140mm fans out there. If Noctua is out, you are pretty much out of luck. BitFenix makes a black or white plastic version and perhaps the white is appealing for your build. However, it is a notch down in quality from Noctua. The other is the recent Noiseblocker B14-PS. I am using 3 right now and they are fabulous, but not cheap and the 29mm depth is something to plan for. I can understand if you don't like the brown and latte theme. The industrial line is flat black and more or less the same price. It is also the only fan really equivalent in performance to the SP140L that came with the cooler. But once again, you don't need a second pair of fans if you are running a A14 industrial 2000 ppc. The single pair is as much as you will ever need. Actually, it is more than you need.

Archived