Corsair Community

K70 restarts if backlight button is pressed

Phoenix1237

Have had my k70 for a while now, but all of a sudden whenever I go to turn on the backlight for my keys, it briefly turns on, then all lights (including scroll lock/caps lock, backlight program key, etc) turn off and a second later only the backlight program key and scroll lock light turn back on. This also happens if i press the backlight progam key. Any help would be appreciated. This is on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Did it recently started to behave like this? Do you have another computer you can try this keyboard on?

Yes to my knowledge it just recently started happening (do not use the backlighting that often), and I have tried it on a Windows 8 64bit computer as well with the same issue.

• Corsair Employee
Yes to my knowledge it just recently started happening (do not use the backlighting that often), and I have tried it on a Windows 8 64bit computer as well with the same issue.

I am assuming this is the NON RGB K70. If it's behaving the same with two different system, it may be due to faulty hardware. Submit a RMA and have it replaced if you are still under the 2 year warranty.

I am assuming this is the NON RGB K70. If it's behaving the same with two different system, it may be due to faulty hardware. Submit a RMA and have it replaced if you are still under the 2 year warranty.

Yes this is a non RGB K70 and I believe I got this for Xmas 2 years ago, so warranty expired 2 or so months ago :mad:.

Archived