Corsair Community

strafe rgb mx silent ps/2

maxis123

It might, but you most likely won't be able to get it recognized by CUE and/or use any effects/macros. This is just my guess thought, I have NOT tested such situation.

Is there any specific reason you need to use an adapter? I would think a free USB port should not be a problem nowadays.

Was that the K70 RGB or non-RGB?

Because the K70 non-RGB is a simple keyboard with no macro/effects/software support, in light of that it should have worked just fine with a PS/2 adapter I think. But thinking about it again the PS/2 port might not be able to provide the needed power to even light up all the LEDs since it IS a backlit keyboard after all.

• Corsair Employee
well thats just too bad since ps2 is still superior to usb for keyboards - at least for now. And most hi-end and gaming motherboards produced in 2016 do implement ps/2 port

PS/2 was superior because it was the only way to get N-key Rollover but our keyboards support that now through USB. There is no reason to use PS/2 anymore and high end motherboards have dropped support for it. The mechanical keyboards these days are very different from a typical one in the past. Our mechanical keyboards, for example, has an ARM processor inside. Think of them more of tiny little computers than just a peripheral. PS/2 would never be able to supply enough power either for all of the things required for the keyboard to function properly.

Archived