Corsair Community

900D Case - Almost perfect but...

figuerres

Overall I like the case, just two complaints:

1) top grill - hard to remove and not explained in the sheet of info that comes with the case how to remove it, I broke a bunch of the plastic tabs trying to figure out how to get it off, and even then it's hard to remove.

2) PCI slot screws, that is the worst part of the case, hard to work them, no way to directly see the screw heads or use any screw driver on them.

and one other comment, offer a front panel with more USB 3 ports in place of the USB 2 ports.

I got a second set of USB 3 cables and removed a pair of the usb2 ports so my front panel has 4 x 3.0 and 2 x 2.0 usb

aside from that I love the case!

Top grille is fairly easy to remove, once you know what you are doing. If you look inside, there's a triangular cut-out with a cross shaped piece of plastic in it, push that up to release it and then slide it forward a bit. It then lifts off.

Couldn't agree more about the Pcie slot screws. Last night, after messing around for ages, trying to get those damn screws in, I was not happy, not happy at all.

If you broke the tabs contact support and they will ship another grille, not your fault they don't explain how to remove it but a quick google would have told you how ;)

have to agree with the screws, whoever designed that part needs a damn good backhander to the face!

All the old cases I had with screws like that had a removable panel to allow a proper screwdriver in.

Archived