Corsair Community

XMS PC4400 compatible w/ Gigacrap K8NSNXP-939?

Rob94hawk

I can't get Prime95 to last more than 2 1/2 hours with the Gigabyte

K8NSNXP-939 and Corsair XMS 3200XLPro so,

How does the 1GB XMS 4400 low latency fare with this mobo?

I've tried a few ram settings and nothing keeps Prime running all night. I'm running memtest86 and I'll let it run all night but so far my current ram looks good.

So I'm looking at 2 options,

1. Try the new low latency XMS PC4400 or

2. Junk this mobo for an nforce4/SLI

Experience? Opinions? Thanx, Rob

• Corsair Employee

By the way Rob94hawk, I know you posted somewhere else in this forum, but what is the problem you see and what slots do you have the modules in and what do you have the bios set to for memory and CPU?

With this MB I would suggest you set the Rass to Cass to "3" so I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +.2 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 5

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

• Corsair Employee
Let's try replacing the modules, but if you still have the same problem, I would try and maybe swap the CPU. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Update: I finally got Prime95 to run for 8 1/2 hours with the 3200XLPRO @ 2.4.2.5-1T, VDimm +.2!!

As for any overclocking, this memory does not like it at all! I tried to increase the HTT to 240, Multiplier 10, HT 3x, 2.5,3,3,7 and 2.5,4,4,8 and got a checksum error. I guess I'm going to need that PC4400 eventually.

These modules will do 250 MHz at Cass 3-3-3-8 with out problems from what I have seen, I would suspect maybe the MB and or CPU are holding you back.

Update: I'm able to do 245 Mhz/2.5-3-3-10-2T but not on a cold boot. So far the best I can get on a cold boot is 225 Mhz.

Finally figured out what the mobo/cpu likes and it is a good thing!

Although the pc wont post on 250 Mhz/2.5-4-4-10-2T. I'll have to try your settings above.

Archived