Corsair Community

XMS3205V3.1 Fault

Buntmans

Best RAMGUY,

I've recently bought the TWINX xms3205V3.1 modules, but I have been experiencing problems. I run my modules at 2.8V on an abit KV8-pro. I use timings from the SPD (2,5 , 2, 3 , 6) and i run then at a HTT of 200. Problems are rare but do happen (typical memory related BSOD's). When i run memtestx86 i get (in 8 hrs running) 4000 errors on test4 and 8000 errors on test8. Are these modules defect? And, if I send them RMA, do i get new modules in advance ? (i can't work without my computer, so i'm dependant on memory modules). On the memtest program i can only see the top of the errorlist (not very flexible program) and i can see the errors start on 573.5MB and up.... maybe that will provide a hint to what's wrong with them.

Yours sincerely,

Martijn van den Bunt

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me our modules part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Ofcourse,

this is all the information that's on the heatsink:

CMX512-3200llpt XMS3205V3.1 0436134-3 XMS3200 2326

and the rest of my config:

MB: Abit KV8-Pro 1.1 bios v19

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3400+ clawhammer SPEED= 12x 200 = 2200

MEM: FSB of memory is also at 200

latencies (from spd): 2,5 - 2 - 3 - 6

VOLTAGE: CPU 1.5 DDR 2.8

• Corsair Employee

Please put the memory module on slot 1 & 3; make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, and set the following settings on your BIOS;

TwinX512 or TwinX1024-3200LL

Guru Utility

CPU Clock: 200

Memory Clock: 200 or 400MHz

CPU/DRAM ratio: 1:1

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced Chipset:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

Hypertransport: 4X

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Humm, this mb only has 2 memory slots.. :(

except for that i will enter this data in the bios. run memtest and report back to you.

edit:

and i have indeed an ati 9600 i will therefore also set agp voltage to 1.5. does this really have an effect in memtest..?

Best Ramguy,

I followed all your instructions and I got 32 passes with my memory now at 2326, so thank you very much!

Another question: i noticed that with a small FSB increase (200->204, abit does this by default on all her mb's) i start getting errors. What timings can i use on the modules to achieve a FSB of, let's say, 225 ? Or will increasing the voltage help or is this not recommended?

thanks in advance,

sincerely,

Martijn van den Bunt

Archived