Corsair Community

Corsair Link bug message, strange numbers and LED/fans not showing

Giovani

You need to go into your windows registry and find everything and anything Corsair link and delete it.

I feel this is likely to cause more issues that it solves and advise against doing this.

I would exit CL and then delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\CorsairLINK.

What you seem to be saying is that I should not even try and help others. Why?

I simply stated what I would do and I was not even replyng to you.

Given what you have said and having now looked at other posts you have made I would prefer that you do not use SIV.

Your help is great! I have nothing against it. I just don't think everyone is going to use your software. That's the choice of the consumer. My CL mini commander is being returned for a new one. I've tried everything to get this thing to work. I like your software it's just not my cup of tea. I even used the old CL 5695 software and that crazy restart pop up kept coming on my screen. All after clean uninstalling and reinstalling. It didn't work.

I'm hoping it's only the CL mini commander. IMHO I don't know what to think until I get this resolved. Updates to follow. I always appreciate your help BTW. :biggrin:

Your help is great! I have nothing against it. I just don't think everyone is going to use your software. That's the choice of the consumer. My CL mini commander is being returned for a new one. I've tried everything to get this thing to work. I like your software it's just not my cup of tea. I even used the old CL 5695 software and that crazy restart pop up kept coming on my screen. All after clean uninstalling and reinstalling. It didn't work.

I'm hoping it's only the CL mini commander. IMHO I don't know what to think until I get this resolved. Updates to follow. I always appreciate your help BTW. :biggrin:

SIV is not a good choice for some users, though some have used SIV as they had hardware CL could not report.

There are two aspects to using SIV, diagnosing issues and fully controlling CL hardware. These days I only initially suggest using SIV to diagnose issues which is what I was doing. I feel it's far better to look at 2/3 SIV screens to do a 2nd check of the hardware before doing an RMA given many of the issues are down to the CL software and/or all the kluges not being done.

I feel CL should provide the diagnosis facilities that SIV provides.

I still don't get why you said what you said. I guess you are none to happy with how well CL works. Given that I reported this issue to Corsair Dustin on 24-Sep-2015 (over 6 weeks ago) and it's now causing issues for several CL users is unacceptable and Corsair should have fixed this well before TH2 went mainstream.

You seem to have H/W and S/W issues. What I would do is:

1. Stop CL from starting when the system boots.
  2. Use Device manager to uninstall the two problem devices
  3. Shutdown the system for 2 minutes
  4. Power it back up
  5. See what Device Manager reports.
  6. Check what my SIV [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] panels report.
  7. If SIV reports OK try CL again.

Thx for your replay.

I did what you suggested. Uninstall CL, del. under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\CorsairLINK" but it seems I still have corsair bridge? Or I mixing up memory modules, but that not suppose to be associated with usb.

And I totally agree with wickedout2011 regarding CS and CL.

I invested a lot in these products and now, can't see rpm on my two pump, can't see /adjust fans..nothing.

Anw. this is picture after, and I don't want install cl again until they have fix.

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/siv.jpeg

http://www.anarchy-dk.org/forum/siv2.jpeg

it seems I still have corsair bridge?

OK. CL has gone, but the hardware will still be there and now seems to be almost working. Try as follows:

1. On [Link Devices] uncheck the two EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled check boxes.
  2. Press both [Restart] buttons.
  3. Exit SIV
  4. Run SIV and see what [Link Status] reports, ideally post a .PNG screen shot.
  5. If that reports all your hardware then the hardware is now working.
  6. I would be inclined to watch [status] for 5 minutes to check SIV can report all the CL hardware all the time.
  7. See if CL does any better.
  8. If you don't wish to install CL all I can suggest is to use SIV 'till it's fixed.

It would make it easier to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile. What CL hardware do you have?

OK. CL has gone, but the hardware will still be there and now seems to be almost working. Try as follows:

1. On [Link Devices] uncheck the two EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled check boxes.
  2. Press both [Restart] buttons.
  3. Exit SIV
  4. Run SIV and see what [Link Status] reports, ideally post a .PNG screen shot.
  5. If that reports all you hardware then the hardware is now working.
  6. I would be inclined to watch [status] for 5 minutes to check SIV can report all the CL hardware all the time.
  7. See if CL does any better.
  8. If you don't wish to install CL you could use SIV 'till it's fixed.

It would make it easier to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile. What CL hardware do you have?

I add system spec.

Have two pair of 110i gtx

Thx for your time and help.

I am happy to bee the error 43 is resolved. I noticed that [Link Devices] reported two ghost H110IGTs. If you wish to uninstall them see http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/504/how-to-uninstall-hidden-devices-drivers-and-services/. They will be in the HID section.

I have now posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822047 which specifies how to fix this.

Archived