Corsair Community

New product suggestion - Corsair Link total control

MikeeCZ

Hi, newbie here so sorry if this is in a wrong section of the forum, didnt find any section for product suggestions.

Also, sorry if something like this already exists, but i failed to find it, in such case i would apriciate if you would point me towards such product.

There was a product called Corsair Cooling Kit that did something close to what i am after, but it seems to be not available anywhere anymore for some reason, also the ratings of it werent the best so i assume there must ve been some issue with it.

I would like to suggest/ask/propose a product that will bring all Corsair Link products together into one and thanks to that will only require one internal USB2 slot.

I recently bought the H100i GTX and did my tweaking of the Corsair Link profile, but because i have the rest of the Fans in my case connected via motherboard sys fans, i dont have direct control over them. My Gigabyte MB has very rubish PWM control and i just cannot tweak the noise levels and air flow balance to what i would like.

There is a product from a differend maker, since i understand from the rules that i cannot mention it i will only say that the product is called Grid+, which allows plugging upto 6 fans into it, and than thanks to its internal USB you can control them individually thru software exactly the same way as Corsair Link, but since i already have the H100i, i dont want to buy this Grid+ because that would mean having two software running on the background that would be for one purpose and also wasting another internal USB slot of which i am at shortage.

So i would like to ask for a product from Corsair that would do basically the same thing, only i could also plug my H100i GTX into it, so it would basically bring all cooling into one USB port and would allow me to have direct control over everything only through Corsair Link software. I would pay even 50 bucks for such wee box. Also this box would ideally be completely internal, so it can be hidden at the back of the case where the cabel management is, so ideally it shouldnt be thicker than 18mm for maximum case compatibility.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any constructive replys

Thanks for reply, i will get the expansion than, thats neat

EDIT: What are the connectors on the left of the COmmadner mini than? it says Link Mini, i understand that those are for the Link compatible devices, like a H100 pump, if not, what are they for?

That sounds like a step back to me, strange. And possibility of an adaptor or anything? So corsair came up with a great product that offers good compatibility and than they moved away from it? strange indeed. Anyway, thank you for you help

So any chance for some sort of adaptor USB->C-Link so i can actually utilize the connectors on the 60 pound Commander Mini?

I doubt it as the C-Link connection is an I2C bus so you would need an I2C->USB bridge. Looking at http://uk.farnell.com/densitron/det-i2cusb-board-1a/i2c-to-usb-jumper-board-for-pct/dp/2396486 (actually USB->I2C) the hardware cost would be too high and to support this the CLCC firmware would need to be changed along with a Windows driver needing to be developed to support the CL Mini effectively being a USB hub. There is also the issue of USB running at 10MHz and the I2C bus only being 400KHz.

My guess is that a future CL Mini type device will include a USB hub and thereby remove the need for a NZXT IU01.

Archived