Corsair Community

H80iGT + Windows 10 = super loud noise

alex2005

Hi all,

I am seeking for urgent advise on this problem:

- I installed W10 and it did not recognize my H80iGT (just listed under "unknown devices" on control panel.

- I then had the brilliant *cough cough* idea to install Corsair Link, and now the device is correctly detected, however....

... now the fans move at highest speed and it makes a lot of noise (that is the first time I see this issue, they worked perfectly silent on W8).... and I cant find a way to lower the speed down. No matter I uninstall corsair link, reboot, power off and on again my PC, all the time they run and make a lot of noise.

Is there a quick fix for that?

Really appreciate your advice here, this noise makes my PC unusable :(

Thanks a lot!

I played a bit with Corsair link (first time I do it, didnt have to with W8), and noticed that the "H80iGT cooler fan" is set up to default mode. If I set to a fixed %, like 40%, or quiet mode, then the sound is much better (more silent) than before.

Which is the recommended value for this fan?

But then when I play the witcher 3 for instance, after some minutes the fan seems to start rolling again at its maximum and making noise again. I have been playing this game for a few months now without any issue. Its only now with W10 that I face it.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

Archived