Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.2.5676 here

Technobeard

Guys I have windows 10 and downloaded the latest 3.2.5676 version.

It works quite ok except one issue. On startup it cranks the fans of my H110i GT to the max, and they stay like that unless I click on each fan so that the custom curve setting column appears. I don't need to change any setting I just need to select each fan individually once and they go back to normal.

Can someone suggest a fix for this so that I don't have to do it every time I reboot?

Many thanks in advance

Anyone else has this problem? It only happens when I maximize corsair link. If I have it to start minimized I don't get the issue, but as soon as I maximize by double clicking from taskbar icon I get it again. Can this be fixed?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else has this problem? It only happens when I maximize corsair link. If I have it to start minimized I don't get the issue, but as soon as I maximize by double clicking from taskbar icon I get it again. Can this be fixed?

Yes I get the same. Plus the color of the LED seems to change until i put the Red green and blue up and back down again to get it normal again.

same problems

Hey guys i'm still running the old Corsair link RC-v2_6_5214 with windows 10 and H100i did the same steps as i would with windwos 8.1 to fix [ame]
[/ame] my corsair link, everything shows up Fans and all temps maybe this will help some people everyhing works fine for me =]

Ok, a couple questions. Now that I am on windows 10 do I still need the registry edit (as previously needed with 8.1 pro with Media center) or can I actually reset these back to defaults?

I've followed the instructions and installed the new version of link with no issues on July 30th. I only have one issue using link now... Why has it changed my max fan speeds? On windows 8.1 performance mode fan speeds were 2600 rpm. Now on performance mode my fans have different speeds one stays around 2100 and the other barely gets past 2300rpms?

Help: Cannot get my (original) Commander detected in Windows 10.

My Corsair Commander WAS working perfectly in Windows 8.1. I just did a CLEAN install of Windows 10. I then installed the latest version of Corsair Link (3.2.2576) and followed the instructions on post #1 to get Win 10 to detect my original Commander but NO success:

As per post #1: When I go to Device Manager, there is NO listing under USB Devices showing a Corsair Hydro... device. BUT, there IS an entry in Windows Program UNINSTALL that lists a separate "Hydro Series 7289 USB driver". However, even after uninstalling this driver, rebooting etc, I cannot get Win10 to recognize my original Commander (and thus all the devices attached to it).

Please help!

ADDENDUM (TO CORSAIR):

Your step 2 (post #1) should have said to check VIEW/SHOWHIDDEN DEVICES in Win10 device manager.

I now was able to follow the steps to reassign the driver to a regular USB input device, but my original Corsair Commander was still not found in C-link (despite power downs, reboots and various combination of things)

I must be doing something wrong because I tried multiple times and it's still saying it's not compatible. I updated the software and updated the firmware then I right clicked on cmd prompt and ran as admin and type exactly what was shown, hit enter and it said success then i closed the window.

I also tried just copy and pasting what was posted and same thing, hit enter and it said success this time i left the cmd window open for 30mins before i closed it still nothing?

just remove link from your system.

Upgrade to Windows 10

Then re-install the new version

Help: Cannot get my (original) Commander detected in Windows 10.

My Corsair Commander WAS working perfectly in Windows 8.1. I just did a CLEAN install of Windows 10. I then installed the latest version of Corsair Link (3.2.2576) and followed the instructions on post #1 to get Win 10 to detect my original Commander but NO success:

As per post #1: When I go to Device Manager, there is NO listing under USB Devices showing a Corsair Hydro... device. BUT, there IS an entry in Windows Program UNINSTALL that lists a separate "Hydro Series 7289 USB driver". However, even after uninstalling this driver, rebooting etc, I cannot get Win10 to recognize my original Commander (and thus all the devices attached to it).

Please help!

I have the same problem !!

I can see the "hydro series 7289" in device manger as a hidden entry - but i can't update the driver

So I finally got the replacement cable...

so get a mini USB cable and see if that improves things.

oh man, I thought I had one yesterday and was gonna try it, but cant find...

May go pick one up here, but it is not a major crisis as I realized the pump run 100% by default. All the "software" gives me is LCD and quiet mode I understand?! But I was interested in the "software" as it seems to have potential and if I did get a corsair case...

Anyway, would be nice to see it work. I'm going to try a cable. BBL

And it now sees the h80iGT cooler(pump, led, temp and 1 fan). Shouldn't it see two fans, or is the other fan the "MSI Motherboard CPU Fan"? If so, I can't control it!!! Only Mode option is "default"

It was this way is 3.1.5567 and I am now running 3.2 and is still the same.

Any insight is appreciated, Thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=22377&stc=1&d=1438548896

attachment.php?attachmentid=22378&stc=1&d=1438548908

corsair1.JPG.9e8e07c3a0b52b0616d022724bbdf60c.JPG

corsair2.thumb.JPG.d9559eee23444c626d8f07d2dbc2609b.JPG

And it now sees the h80iGT cooler(pump, led, temp and 1 fan). Shouldn't it see two fans

I am happy to hear a new cable did the trick.

The H80iGT only reports one fan speed. It also reports the fan speed to the CPU header unlike the H100i and H80i which report the pump speed.

CL Version: 3.2.5676

Cooler: H80i GT

Summary: Fan runs @ 100% when I open CL window

Details: I had this problem with the previous version of CL on Win 8.1 Pro. Posting updated copy of that post from previous thread here. I have checked and everything is the same as reported then with additional workaround info at end of post.

When I click on "Show CorsairLINK" from the icon in the taskbar (CL is running in background), the Corsair window opens and the fan speed runs up to 100%. This happens ONLY when I'm using a custom curve.

If I have exited CL (not running in background) and click on the start menu icon to restart it, if CL is set to open in a window (and not minimized), it follows the same behavior as described when opening from the taskbar icon. If it is set to open minimized, fan works as it should even with custom curve.

If I'm using Performance, Balanced, Fixed or any other preset included with the software, the fan will stay at it's designated speed and not change when the window opens.

When opening the window and using the custom curve, the fan runs up to 100%. I have to click on the fan icon (single click works, do not need to open config window) to get the fan to go to the set speed as indicated in the custom curve. (Just clicking in the window does not work. Must click on the fan icon.) Once this is done, I can click on "Hide CorsairLINK" or "X" to close the window and the fan speed works as I have set in the custom curve. If I re-open the window, fan speed will again run up to 100%.

It is only when I open the Corsair window while using the custom curve that the fan runs up to 100%.

Workaround: If CL is set to open minimized, the fan works as designated in the custom curve. No intervention needed to reset it.

Not a big deal, but a little inconvenient. Otherwise CL is working very well. Thanks for all the work you guys have and are putting into this project.

I have included a screen shot of my setup. I have two questions:

1- Why is the CPU temp indicated by the Asus motherboard ~20° higher than the temp that I think is reported directly from the CPU by the CL software? The cooler water temp is also ~20° higher than the direct CPU temp. Are both correct or is one in error? If one is incorrect, which is the correct reading?

I would like to understand exactly what the readings indicate.

2- I have two Sapphire AMD W5000 graphic cards tied together with CrossFire. Because they are tied together, is that why I only see temp for one graphic card? Or should I see two temps, one for each card?

Many thanks.

5408182_CLgraphiclayout.thumb.JPG.cd261d27365e8a68b42462ada6adc303.JPG

1- Why is the CPU temp indicated by the Asus motherboard ~20° higher than the temp that I think is reported directly from the CPU by the CL software? The cooler water temp is also ~20° higher than the direct CPU temp. Are both correct or is one in error? If one is incorrect, which is the correct reading?

I expect it's because the value reported by the AMD hardware in the AMD FX (K15) Processor Miscellaneous Configuration - Vendor ID 1022-1603 register is incorrect. Several AMD CPUs do this. The ULONG at offset 0x00A4 in the PCI config space contains this value in bits 24 -> 31.

I have included a screen shot of my setup. I have two questions:

2- I have two Sapphire AMD W5000 graphic cards tied together with CrossFire. Because they are tied together, is that why I only see temp for one graphic card? Or should I see two temps, one for each card?

Many thanks.

I have the same problem using an AMD FX8120, AsusTek CPU Temp shows the correct temp(Same as AI Suite thermal radar). The AMD FX8120 Temp is ~20 some degrees less and is incorrect(AI shows no temps equal to this). This problem was present with older builds too, not a new problem. The H100i Temp is consistently ~5 to ~8 degress lower than ASUSTek CPU Temp.

It took me 2 days to find the settings where to disable the notification and sound for that stupid Corsair popup notification when Windows 10 starts up. It but the issue of all fans go to 100% when opening the app while using a custom curve still exists and the firmware never updated it is still on 1.07.

It took me 2 days to find the settings where to disable the notification and sound for that stupid Corsair popup notification when Windows 10 starts up. It but the issue of all fans go to 100% when opening the app while using a custom curve still exists and the firmware never updated it is still on 1.07.

I'd love to know how you disabled the corsair popup in windows 10. Could you share?

Archived