Corsair Community

Cannot Install CUE software

mcgray

This is the error message that I get when trying to install the CUE software, it goes into the installation process gets towards the end then this message appears and it rolls back all of the progress

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Any help would be much appreciated. I am running on Windows 8.1 64 bit, I have tried re-downloading it multiple times and I have tried running it in compatibility mode.

Looked into the MSI file and this seems to be the full error message if that helps a bit?

"CustomAction CAChildDriverInstall_x86_64 returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CAChildDriverInstall_x86_64, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI2A10.tmp, command: install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\driver\CorsairVHidDriver.inf"

Action ended 19:32:32: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Action ended 19:32:33: INSTALL. Return value 3."

I have the excact same problem.

Since i now own a new computer with Windows 8.1 i cant install the firmware for my M65 mouse.

The Corsair Utility Engine doenst reconize any device,but when i look under Windows it has detected my mouse as a Corsair Gaming mouse.

Do i just install the driver?

I didnt had this problem on Windows 7.

I'm also having this problem. Windows 8.1.

I was having a slightly different problem a couple of months ago, where trying to install the CUE would totally freeze my PC at Installing driver (1/2)...

I've since done a reformat. After that, the CUE installed fine. However it popped up recently saying there was an update available, which I downloaded and tried to install. It came up with the same error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor", at the same point it was freezing last time.

I still have the old installer file from just after I did the reinstall, and it's giving the same error message.

So, it's likely something that was installed after the first time I installed the CUE software is incompatible with it. My guess is a windows update...

I'm also having this problem. Windows 8.1.

I was having a slightly different problem a couple of months ago, where trying to install the CUE would totally freeze my PC at Installing driver (1/2)...

I've since done a reformat. After that, the CUE installed fine. However it popped up recently saying there was an update available, which I downloaded and tried to install. It came up with the same error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor", at the same point it was freezing last time.

I still have the old installer file from just after I did the reinstall, and it's giving the same error message.

So, it's likely something that was installed after the first time I installed the CUE software is incompatible with it. My guess is a windows update...

This is exactly what mine did, however I figured it might be my old version of CUE that was causing the issue so I uninstalled it and now I do not have CUE at all and it will not install the new or previous version its driving me crazy I have this expensive keyboard for the color customization but can't use it. Also without CUE up I've noticed the keyboard lock up. I really need help here.......

Maybe your windows installer files themselves are corrupt and the issue is not with CUE specifically. Have you tried re-downloading and re-installing it from Microsoft site just in case?

Also apart from trying a different folder try also removing the folder that holds all the profiles and other settings, that might be causing it as well. I don't remember the exact path however, it should be in "X:\User\yourname\appdata\roaming\corsair" or something like that.

These kind of installers rely on the component MSI (Microsoft Windows Installer). Try to download the latest version here and install it before attempting to re-install CUE: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8483

I've seen a couple of peoples saying that their MSI component was corrupt and re-installing it solved the issue. It might work for you too.

I just went through and re-installed MSI for windows 8.1 still no dice.

I've tried:

• Installing in a new directory/hard drive
  • removing all old files
  • re-downloading the package multiple times
  • tried downloading old versions of the software
  • re-installing MSI
  • anything mentioned above

I am at my witts end. I'm not a moron I know my way around computers but this is too much. This is obviously a problem on Corsair's end and I have yet to receive any response from them. This is ridiculous, why do I own an expensive keyboard if it cannot even do the things I bought it for....

If you are still getting this;

"CustomAction CAChildDriverInstall_x86_64 returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CAChildDriverInstall_x86_64, location: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI2A10.tmp, command: install "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\driver\CorsairVHidDriver.inf"

Action ended 19:32:32: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Action ended 19:32:33: INSTALL. Return value 3."

Seems like Windows or the driver failed to install. Download the attached .zip archive and see if you can install the driver normally.

driver.zip

• 7 months later...

Archived