Corsair Community

K70 RGB Lights Freeze If I Hold "lock" keys

SBStratus

Oh no worries i dont work for Corsair so you can tell me anything ya like lol.

So do you know which programs will cause it to freeze and if it occures all the time or just sometimes?

Haha ok well thanks for the understanding :-)

It freezes most when I use Steam games, I've noticed it most often with NBA 2K15 but it happens with CODAW, Far Cry 4 and others. It's possible that plugging in a console-style controller makes it more inclined to freeze, but that's just anecdotal to this point. It does not freeze every time and it seems more inclined to freeze the more lights are used and changing (ie it is most inclined to freeze with the rainbow wave, least with static lighting on only a few keys).

I have seen the thread on issues seen with Steam and I have tried starting Steam before CUE, but the problem still occurs. I have also seen it happen in Internet Explorer. I haven't seen it happen in an Origin game yet, but it's been so quick to freeze in Steam games that I haven't had much chance to test Origin or any further programs, sadly it's a little too consistent.

K70 RGB "BRAND NEW"

Im getting the same problems with my lightening freezing up when I press caps lock or num lock.

The keyboard is Brand New ONLY 3 days old.

Is this a software or hardware issue because if its a hardware issue I can get a replacement ASAP.

If its a software problems does CORSAIR know about it and are looking into it.

Im from the UK ordered it in the UK, its UK keyboard layout and I paided a lot of money for this keyboard.

Oh by the way just holding down the num lock or caps lock freezes the lightening. no programs or games playing.

Its the way those games interacts with USB devices to detect cheaters who have modded hardware.

Oh cool, ok thanks, glad that it's clear. Is this the nature of the problem that many are having with Steam? Is there any fix or workaround, and are Corsair moving to to solve the problem as far as you know?

For a non-staff guy, you sure do help Corsair a lot, if you ever apply for a job there consider me a reference ;):

So it seems the new CUE update fixed the freezing problem for me. Any luck with you guys?

Still happening for me when holding Caps, but the random freezes seem to be gone. It's good to read people are seeing improvements though.

/edit: CUE 1.5.80, K70RGB US Firmware v1.5

Oh cool, ok thanks, glad that it's clear. Is this the nature of the problem that many are having with Steam? Is there any fix or workaround, and are Corsair moving to to solve the problem as far as you know?

For a non-staff guy, you sure do help Corsair a lot, if you ever apply for a job there consider me a reference ;):

If you havent already done so send an message to Corsair James with your hardware specs and a detailed report of whats going on.

As far as i can tell the top 3 issues their tackling right now is

1) 16.8 mill colors

2) Freezing caused by repeated or holding of any key

3) Fixing the issue where some programs will crash CUE or freeze the Keyboard

again this is not official just what i think. But they are aware of these issues and they are trying to fix them.

Archived