Corsair Community

Is this possible with K70 RGB?

Xaven

I have a profile set up for Diablo 3 and so far I REALLY like how its turned out and the options you have with the gaming software.

However I would like to turn all the keys i do not use for hotkeys and abilities to be black when I am playing namely, all the letter and number keys I am not using. However, for when I type a message to another player, is there a way to trigger all the blacked out keys to turn on a certain color when pushing ENTER for 10 secs or so, for when I am typing a message and then return to blacked out after the timer has finished. I feel like there is a way but I just do not know how to set it up. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
Yes, it's possible using lighting and groups. You can set the default as black, 1-4 as red in one group, and then a 2nd group to light up whatever keys you'd like when you hit Enter. Just keep in mind that when you hit enter for the 2nd time to send the chat message, the timer starts again.

Yes, it's possible using lighting and groups. You can set the default as black, 1-4 as red in one group, and then a 2nd group to light up whatever keys you'd like when you hit Enter. Just keep in mind that when you hit enter for the 2nd time to send the chat message, the timer starts again.

Ok cool but what do I have to do to the second group to make the Enter key light up certain keys? Do I do an assignment on it? When i looked thru that I didn't see an option that would do such a thing but I am still unfamiliar with all the nuances of the software so may have missed it.

Or would I do it under Right Click - Enter - Assign New Lightning, or some other way? I still havent quite figured out that assign new lightning screen, the kinda graph looking thing. I only have gotten it to work the way I want for Type Lighting.

I'd like to build on this by adding that you could have the enter group triggered on enter keypress, and also have it END on keypress. This would make the effect last for less than 10 seconds if you type your message faster than that, however it would re-enable the effect at the end if your message takes longer than 10 seconds to type.

I'm currently trying to get a very similar macro happening in CS:GO:

When `y' is pressed, set all keyboard lights to red until enter is pressed.

If I can get this to work, it would be very easy to set it to what Xaven wants, which is using the enter key to toggle on and off this lighting mode.

I've tried to define the y key as setting a new lighting profile. This works, however the physical key `y' is no longer bound to logical key `y'. (i.e. the game will not see it as being pressed, and so a chat box will not appear.)

I've looked into using a key macro, but you cannot add a `change lighting profile' command as an instruction in a macro. It is also not possible to trigger a macro when a lighting mode has been set, so I cannot set the lighting mode to press the missing key for me.

You can use foreground lighting settings to light up key Y when it is pressed, but this does not light up the whole keyboard, or even a key group, so that is useless as well.

I also cannot figure out how to get the enter key to light up other keys in a group, as described by Technobeard, without the other keys also triggering the lighting.

(i.e. I cannot figure out how to set the following scenario:

press enter -> [a-z] keys turn solid red

press any key [a-z] -> nothing.)

Using group lighting, I can set:

Press any key [a-z,Enter] -> [a-z,Enter] lights up. This is clearly different than what I'm trying to achieve, as pressing w,a,s,d would also trigger the lighting effect.

So, at the moment, I'm not sure this is entirely possible with the current software suite. Have I overlooked something? Is there a way for a key to activate lighting of a group it does not belong to, and have keys in the group not trigger their own lighting?

• 1 month later...

If I can get this to work, it would be very easy to set it to what Xaven wants, which is using the enter key to toggle on and off this lighting mode.

I've tried to define the y key as setting a new lighting profile. This works, however the physical key `y' is no longer bound to logical key `y'. (i.e. the game will not see it as being pressed, and so a chat box will not appear.)

I've looked into using a key macro, but you cannot add a `change lighting profile' command as an instruction in a macro. It is also not possible to trigger a macro when a lighting mode has been set, so I cannot set the lighting mode to press the missing key for me.

You can use foreground lighting settings to light up key Y when it is pressed, but this does not light up the whole keyboard, or even a key group, so that is useless as well.

I also cannot figure out how to get the enter key to light up other keys in a group, as described by Technobeard, without the other keys also triggering the lighting.

(i.e. I cannot figure out how to set the following scenario:

press enter -> [a-z] keys turn solid red

press any key [a-z] -> nothing.)

Using group lighting, I can set:

Press any key [a-z,Enter] -> [a-z,Enter] lights up. This is clearly different than what I'm trying to achieve, as pressing w,a,s,d would also trigger the lighting effect.

So, at the moment, I'm not sure this is entirely possible with the current software suite. Have I overlooked something? Is there a way for a key to activate lighting of a group it does not belong to, and have keys in the group not trigger their own lighting?

Hay I'm been playing around as well trying to get the same results as you are and the best solution I can come up with is binding a key to switch to a mode with the keys that you want lit up and bind the enter key back to the previous mode.

Hope this help.:biggrin:

I don't know if this was mentioned as i am about to go to bed and don't bother reading it all, but you can allways turn of the color for the keys you do not want to use, then make this profile launch when you launch diablo.

That way when you exit diablo again, it will revert to the previous profile, or mode.

Cant remember wich one it was.

But yeah, it's possible.

Since you cannot add "change mod in profile" in a macro or assign a mode switch to a key without losing the key as letter I tried an additional trick, which unfortunately didn't work either:

- I assigned the mod switches to - and + on the numpad

- I made the macros for J, K & L (chat keys in Battlefield): Press key -> press Numpad_+

I was hoping that the macro would trigger the mod switch, but instead it printed "+" in the chat. :[pouts:

Archived