Corsair Community

twice had problems with corsair power supplies

Can anyone from corsair please help me? Over a month ago, I rma'd my tx850m psu because after nearly two years of replacing ram, graphics cards, monitor, etc In an effort to fix my self built gaming pc. The problem I was having was 'no signal to monitor' on a random basis especially early on within a gaming session. I also had to do shutdowns from the button on my tower as I was no longer able to see windows. I was advised by the corsair staff dealing with my ticket that a replacement rm 850 would take about a month as they were waiting for stock. I accepted this offer as it is a good model but wanted to continue gaming in the meantime so I decided to ignore the problem with faulty product I rma'd and purchase the ax860i so that I could install that and sell in ebay my rm850 when it finally arrived. So the ax860i arrived a few weeks ago and I have been slowly and carefully rebuilding my pc step by step over the last few weeks. However, I have only just discovered that my new ax860i has a part missing which was never even in the box when I unpacked it. The part is the 'dongle' used for connecting the ax860i to a usb header on my mobo so I can monitor efficiency using the link software. So basically I have purchased two separate power supplies of corsair brand and had problems with both, not to mention my anger at having to send my faulty tx850m all the way to Holland from the uk. Is there any chance that anyone from corsair can send me the missing dongle without me having to send my new power supply back aswell? And also, could anyone tell me if this dongle is even necessary when I have a h100i cooler already?

Archived