Corsair Community

Want to clear some things up

Trope

Okay, I've been reading tons of mixed reviews about the Link

I've really wanted something like this for a while, as my mobo doesn't support fan speed control, and I want software to control it

BUT I keep reading how most 3-pin fans don't get controlled well by the Link

Can anyone confirm that the Corsair SP/AF Fans work well with the Link and you're able to control speeds with them and everything??

Because I just bought 4 Corsair fans to replace my old mixed array of case fans, and before I buy the Link I want to be sure it's compatible with them.

With the new version of Corsair Link software (and firmware update for the node), you can fully control our new fans with Link.

Okay thanks Ram Guy :)

Is the new version still in beta or is the stable version released?

Also read about people having problems with the new software so I'm not sure

Okay thanks Ram Guy :)

Is the new version still in beta or is the stable version released?

Also read about people having problems with the new software so I'm not sure

I think what Trope is asking is:

Will the SP 120 fans be able to be controlled by the Link software (the beta version that is available now) when connected to the Link and an H100 or is that your understanding that it should be able to control them when the Link 2 software is out whenever it is released?

Link beta software available now or upcoming Link 2 software? (plus of course the Node firmware update)

But the bigger question for me is:

Will the Link be able to fully control Corsair SP/AF fans if they are connected to an H100 and then the H100 to the Link or will they only vary 500RPMs like my GT AP-15s do now? I understand that the Link will be able to control them if they are connected to a cooling node but what if they are connected to the H100?

This is critical to understand correctly.

For those of us who have had problems but really want to finally enjoy the link could we get a 30% off if we change over to your fans. I'm sure you know most of the people who have had issues, as a checks and balance you could ask for proof of purchase of the link so things don't get out of control, it kinda sucks to have to spend more money but my main goal is to keep cpu cool as im o.c. by 2 gigz so I would have to replace 2 larger fans. I could keep the rest as is for now till software is ready but 6 months into this I would almost say Corsair should send me them free for my troubles because I bought it as a finished working product with no limitation to what fans could be used, so maybe the PR Dept or Retentions dept could step in and help some of us out that have been waiting from the start. Consider it a promo gift. :roll: I know Corsair gives out promos so heres a chance to make it right by some of us.:D:

I think what Trope is asking is:

Will the SP 120 fans be able to be controlled by the Link software (the beta version that is available now) when connected to the Link and an H100 or is that your understanding that it should be able to control them when the Link 2 software is out whenever it is released?

Link beta software available now or upcoming Link 2 software? (plus of course the Node firmware update)

But the bigger question for me is:

Will the Link be able to fully control Corsair SP/AF fans if they are connected to an H100 and then the H100 to the Link or will they only vary 500RPMs like my GT AP-15s do now? I understand that the Link will be able to control them if they are connected to a cooling node but what if they are connected to the H100?

This is critical to understand correctly.

Well I actually don't have an H100 but I understand your problem too.

Can't you just bypass the H100 fan connectors completely and put the rad fans directly into your Link instead of putting them through your H100 first?

So essentially, just have the H100's pump in the mobo for power as usual, and have the fans controlled separately on the Link

Leave the fan inputs on the H100 empty

You can bypass the H100 fan controller and plug the fans in the Cooling Node.

But what i think randolla is trying to say is, Would the Link software be able to control the Corsair SP/AF fans while they are connected to the H100 fan controller with the H100 linked to the commander.

You can bypass the H100 fan controller and plug the fans in the Cooling Node.

But what i think randolla is trying to say is, Would the Link software be able to control the Corsair SP/AF fans while they are connected to the H100 fan controller with the H100 linked to the commander.

Yes that is the $64,000 question. Will the Link be able to control the Corsair SP/AF fans if they are connected to a H100 hub?

It seems the answer is no.

And yes I can buy yet another cooling node to attach my 4 fans that cool my H100 to. But I already have two nodes. (and they are filled up) I paid almost $50 for the second one and I would have to pay another $50 for the third one. My total investment in just the Link cooling kit would then be $208.22 This does not include the $90 I spent on four new GT AP-15s to cool my H100

At some point is is just too much to spend on a fan controller that should be doing all of the things it is not doing. It appears that the only fans that the Link can control fully when they are attached to an H series hub are the ones that Corsair sends with the cooler. Not even the fancy Corsair SP/AF fans can be controlled.

Since the most important (and noisy) part of a computers cooling system is to cool the CPU, I consider this a glaring mistake on Corsair's part and a fatal flaw for the Link. I hope that this will be addressed in future software or firmware updates. (if it can be) In the mean time the fairest thing to do is to post this limitation on both the Link's and the H series' coolers FAQs so Corsair can be upfront with a potential buyer.

I bought the Link to control my H100 (4) fans. It will not do that more than 500RPMs from maximum

For those of us who have had problems but really want to finally enjoy the link could we get a 30% off if we change over to your fans. I'm sure you know most of the people who have had issues, as a checks and balance you could ask for proof of purchase of the link so things don't get out of control, it kinda sucks to have to spend more money but my main goal is to keep cpu cool as im o.c. by 2 gigz so I would have to replace 2 larger fans. I could keep the rest as is for now till software is ready but 6 months into this I would almost say Corsair should send me them free for my troubles because I bought it as a finished working product with no limitation to what fans could be used, so maybe the PR Dept or Retentions dept could step in and help some of us out that have been waiting from the start. Consider it a promo gift. :roll: I know Corsair gives out promos so heres a chance to make it right by some of us.:D:

Corsair would win allot of loyalty points if it could admit that the Link is not (6 months later) performing up to expections and offer the early adopters some kind of consideration. It would be easy to figure out since you could only have bought the Link directly from Corsair. Either a discount on the SP/AF fans (but they won't work in a H series cooler) or a discount on a additional cooling or lighting node. $50 inc shipping for an additional node is pretty steep. Sell it for cost and ship USPS since they are so small and light. This would gain much of the goodwill back that has been lost from the Link's problems.

Just my opinion.

corsair would win allot of loyalty points if it could admit that the link is not (6 months later) performing up to expections and offer the early adopters some kind of consideration. It would be easy to figure out since you could only have bought the link directly from corsair. Either a discount on the sp/af fans (but they won't work in a h series cooler) or a discount on a additional cooling or lighting node. $50 inc shipping for an additional node is pretty steep. Sell it for cost and ship usps since they are so small and light. This would gain much of the goodwill back that has been lost from the link's problems.

Just my opinion.

This right here... I love Corsair but the Link has been a pain and the cooling and lighting add on kits are overpriced and that doesn't include shipping...

I agree with everyone here as it seems my Corsair Link isn't working atm (just the command and Lighting) as my Cooling Node seems to have gotten 'bricked' when following the steps to update the firmware. My Corsair headphones cracked on me cause of cheap plastic while gaming on top of my head. (No they weren't dropped and they literally just snapped on the left side while gaming) My corsair 800d Bottom sliding door, handle broke off (made of cheap plastic) after opening and closing that area where the Corsair Link is stored. I don't feel good with corsair anymore and will try and RMAing all these issues and hope they all get excepted and if not, I will most likely give them a blind eye and not work with them ever again and my mouth runs like a running faucet :P. I've had Link for 6 months and agree it should be given as a promo for the early guys like myself or for "beta testing" as we have been the guinea pigs. What happens if Link 2 glitches connected to $350 PSU (1200i)? Poooof goes the psu when controlling Rails/Watts or maybe your components? lol I mean fix the basics here before pushing for additions...... >.<

• Corsair Employee
my mouth runs like a running faucet :P.

Thanks for the warning, and please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace what you broke as long as it is not physical damage.

Archived