Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

• Corsair Employee
Never had this issue before, it's always been set to24b.96khz in windows and now it wont go past 48khz. Not sure if thats an icue issue or windows issue. have always used usb as well.

Try connecting the headset to a different PC/Laptop and see if you can select the higher bit rate. If you have any other audio software or enhancements, try disabling them as well.

i would like to see replacement pads for the virtuoso, since my purchase i basicly wear my headset atleast 8 hours a day and they start to show wear and start to hurt my ears.

and nowhere on the internet i can find replacements for this model

I believe we were supposed to have them available, but I'll pass this along to the development team since the headset has been out for a year now.

When I change my sound device from my monitor to headset, the audio does not play through the headset, only through the monitor when in USB mode. However, when using wireless mode, audio plays through the headset as expected.

Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to resolve it? Having both a wired (and better) audio experience and a wireless option as well was my main reason for purchasing this and well, half of the reason I did buy it doesn't even work properly.

Also, this is my SECOND Virtuoso SE headset and both have had the exact same issue.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Just double checking that you have set both wireless and wired at the default Output/Playback device. Virtuoso is detected as separate devices for mode, so each has to be set to default.

My virtuoso always sets the standard format in windows audio properties to 8 channel but I've set my virtuoso to stereo mode in the iCUE software. I don't know why it changes to 8 channels when I boot up my pc or when the headset wakes up from standby.

This is the correct behavior with the audio driver installed with iCUE, and allows for our implementation of 7.1 Virtual Surround.

Try adjusting the settings in the following link and see if that improves the sound quality. Also, if you set the sample rate to 24bit, 96,000 Hz, does the audio quality improve?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=200565

Thanks Powerlot, I've forward this to our development team to review. Hopefully this will give us an idea of what is happening.

Hi Nick

Have you heard something from the developers?

I browsed the forum and stumbled upon this thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1067170&postcount=21

Some users with Ryzen CPUs and x570 Gigabyte Aorus boards seem to have the same problems, since I also have similar hardware the issue could be narrowed down to such a configuration, at least in this case.

I changed the power settings to disable USB selective suspend as suggested in one of these threads and hope this will fix it.

Support wants to replace my headset, but I currently need it for homeoffice and would go through with it if it's confirmed that it's a hardware problem. The additional dongle that was sent to me seems to be made for Virtuoso SE headsets. Is it possible to modify it to pair non SE Virtuoso headsets? Then I could at least rule out a faulty dongle.

Try connecting the headset to a different PC/Laptop and see if you can select the higher bit rate. If you have any other audio software or enhancements, try disabling them as well.

I believe we were supposed to have them available, but I'll pass this along to the development team since the headset has been out for a year now.

Just double checking that you have set both wireless and wired at the default Output/Playback device. Virtuoso is detected as separate devices for mode, so each has to be set to default.

This is the correct behavior with the audio driver installed with iCUE, and allows for our implementation of 7.1 Virtual Surround.

On my other PC it just shows up as 2channel 24bit/96khz but I don't have icue installed on that one. I'm thinking it's either windows or icue that's bugging it because it used to work just fine.

My audio gets crackly and my mic suddenly makes me sound like a chipmonk when my Headset switches to 8 channel. It will change itself to 8 channel seemingly randomly when exiting a match of Apex Legends. Sometimes I notice the mic boom light and the wireless dongle both go out for a brief moment during this time like the headset reset.I am now using it in wired mode and notice this happen much less often. I have the headset set to Stereo in ICUE and set to 2 channel, 24bit 48k in windows.

Could you please help me with the charging issue? The headset LED shows a pulsing amber light when it's charging, but it won't turn into a solid green unless it's disconnected and reconnected to the pc. So there's no way of knowing if it's fully charged. This is quite annoying. Also sometimes when I plug it in for charging, it's a pulsing green instead of amber.

I can also confirm the right earcup just stopped working. There is no sound coming out of it. I tried to switch between wired/wireless mode and it didn't make a difference, it happened a few days ago as well but got fix on its own, but earlier today the sound was switched in earcups. So the sound of the left earcup was coming out of the right side! Is this a software issue or hardware issue? I got this headset from Corsair just 10-12 days ago as a replacement for a different model I had.

On top of this issue, the volume wheel is also acting strange, it mostly decreases the volume when I try to increase it! It's just so frustrating. The QC on this headset is horrible.

i was walking around with my corsair wireless virtuoso headset, and came back into my room noticing my headphone sound was off. This happens from time to time and a quick usb to wireless or vice versa switch fixes it but now my headphones are LITERALLY stuck on INFINITE PAIRING, there is nothing i can do to fix this, dongle and usb cord do not effect the headset, its literally a red light of death that i cant turn on or off because its within the wires less headset its self. major tip? DONT LEAVE YOUR ROOM WITH THE HEADSET ON....... didn't think 200$ would just disappear like this...

I can also confirm the right earcup just stopped working. There is no sound coming out of it. I tried to switch between wired/wireless mode and it didn't make a difference, it happened a few days ago as well but got fix on its own, but earlier today the sound was switched in earcups. So the sound of the left earcup was coming out of the right side! Is this a software issue or hardware issue? I got this headset from Corsair just 10-12 days ago as a replacement for a different model I had.

On top of this issue, the volume wheel is also acting strange, it mostly decreases the volume when I try to increase it! It's just so frustrating. The QC on this headset is horrible.

I had the same problem.

To fix it:

Reinstall the Firmware on the Headset.

The Reinstall of the Firmware doesn't fix the problem that I get a Chipmunk Voice with the Mice and a strange sound too. Only a restart of the Headset helps in this Situation.

For a Headset in this price class should Corsair do more to satisfy his customers.

I have a problem with my recently bought Corsair Virtuoso headset. After installing iCUE software I noticed static voice in a background. This static sound very clear if I set windows sound high and any programs' sound low. And it does not matter if I am on wired or wireless mode, problem is same on both modes.

For example windows sound max

G5fFkU0.png

Youtube sound 5-10%

4KxoJMr.png

Then static noise is super loud.

I have this problem only when iCUE is installed on my computer. If I uninstall iCUE static sound is also gone but I lose all functionality this driver provides.

I searched this forum for a solution but could not find one. All I found is this thread suggesting to install iCUE open beta version https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192884 but link for download is gone and I can not try that.

This is iCUE software and device firmware versions I'm using. It says it's the latest version.

ePuUrpO.png

I don't know what to do now. I want functionality that iCUE provides but I can't stand static noise in background. Any suggestions how to fix this?

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick

Have you heard something from the developers?

I browsed the forum and stumbled upon this thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1067170&postcount=21

Some users with Ryzen CPUs and x570 Gigabyte Aorus boards seem to have the same problems, since I also have similar hardware the issue could be narrowed down to such a configuration, at least in this case.

I changed the power settings to disable USB selective suspend as suggested in one of these threads and hope this will fix it.

Support wants to replace my headset, but I currently need it for homeoffice and would go through with it if it's confirmed that it's a hardware problem. The additional dongle that was sent to me seems to be made for Virtuoso SE headsets. Is it possible to modify it to pair non SE Virtuoso headsets? Then I could at least rule out a faulty dongle.

I don't believe there is a way to connect the SE dongle to a non-SE headset, but support will know for sure. They may be trying to capture your specific headset for the issues you outlined. There is also an advanced RMA option available where we can send the replacement ahead. Request more information about that service through your ticket if it's something you are interested in.

On my other PC it just shows up as 2channel 24bit/96khz but I don't have icue installed on that one. I'm thinking it's either windows or icue that's bugging it because it used to work just fine.

Try exiting out of iCUE on your original machine and see if that helps. You can also try a clean install as well:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Be sure to backup your profiles first before starting the process.

My audio gets crackly and my mic suddenly makes me sound like a chipmonk when my Headset switches to 8 channel. It will change itself to 8 channel seemingly randomly when exiting a match of Apex Legends. Sometimes I notice the mic boom light and the wireless dongle both go out for a brief moment during this time like the headset reset.I am now using it in wired mode and notice this happen much less often. I have the headset set to Stereo in ICUE and set to 2 channel, 24bit 48k in windows.

Are there any other games that experience this issue? What happens if you leave it on 8 Channel and adjust the settings in the following write up:

I have a problem with my recently bought Corsair Virtuoso headset. After installing iCUE software I noticed static voice in a background. This static sound very clear if I set windows sound high and any programs' sound low. And it does not matter if I am on wired or wireless mode, problem is same on both modes.

For example windows sound max

Youtube sound 5-10%

Then static noise is super loud.

I have this problem only when iCUE is installed on my computer. If I uninstall iCUE static sound is also gone but I lose all functionality this driver provides.

I searched this forum for a solution but could not find one. All I found is this thread suggesting to install iCUE open beta version https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192884 but link for download is gone and I can not try that.

This is iCUE software and device firmware versions I'm using. It says it's the latest version.

I don't know what to do now. I want functionality that iCUE provides but I can't stand static noise in background. Any suggestions how to fix this?

I think you're experiencing an issue that can be corrected by adjusting your volume levels and the setting in the write up below:

well hi all !

i am a long user of astro a50's and i am going to put my 50p in on a brief review of the virtuoso SE rgb's i bought yesterday,

sound quality and clarity out of the box is very good, the eq did need a bit of tweaking to get to a better quality,

ideally they could do with a bit more bass to the headset, they are just lacking that last bit of overall punch to them.

ps: i posted in post your eq settings with my guide on to get better quality and changing the sample rate to 96000 on 24HZ for better quality.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1069191&postcount=21

overall comfort can be a LOT better, without the option to change the ear cushions out is a big negative for me. reason being the current comfort is ok but not great, my ears are touching the speaker casing at the tops of my ears due to the depth of the ear cushions itself, can get uncomfortable over some time.

if the ear cushions was made a bit deeper my ears would not be touching the speaker casing of the headset itself, astro have options for different comfort like the a50 mod kit.

the mod kit is like a faux leather wrapped around a memory foam, i could sit for hours with them on with no sweat.

so overall fantastic headset, with minor tweaking to the EQ and sample rate they sound great on wired, a bit of a difference when on wireless but what to be expected when wired in gives the best performance to sample rate.

comfort is a 3 maybe 4 out of 10 if the ear cushions was made deeper and made from a different foam maybe a slightly higher density of foam for added sound blocking they would be truly a fantastic headset and overall sound quality would greatly improve all so.

I do hope you take these note into consideration especially for the ear cushions, i have seem many post's about them and if that was put into practice and make a deeper and more sound deadening set you can have my money any day.

Edited by Osis

I don't believe there is a way to connect the SE dongle to a non-SE headset, but support will know for sure. They may be trying to capture your specific headset for the issues you outlined. There is also an advanced RMA option available where we can send the replacement ahead. Request more information about that service through your ticket if it's something you are interested in.

Try exiting out of iCUE on your original machine and see if that helps. You can also try a clean install as well:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Be sure to backup your profiles first before starting the process.

Are there any other games that experience this issue? What happens if you leave it on 8 Channel and adjust the settings in the following write up:

I think you're experiencing an issue that can be corrected by adjusting your volume levels and the setting in the write up below:

I am now on icue 3.35.152 and i forced firmware update on my Corsair Virtuosos and it's back to showing up as 24bit/96khz. All good. Seems like this icue update fixed my problem.

As far as I can tell there arent other games that this happens with yet. I have auto repositioning off because in many games where audio is important the surround settings always seem to throw off the actual direction the audio is coming from. I was using Dolby Atmos for a long time and thinking that might be a culprit I have that set to off for the time being. It seems like an issue with ICUE soft restarting and thus restarting the headset, but I cant confirm it at the moment since its randomly happens.

May I please get a response from you guys? My posts are being ignored. Thank you.

• Corsair Employee

If you close and exit out of the iCUE software, does your audio return to normal for both earcups? Have you tested on a different PC/Laptop? If you have a device with a 3.5mm jack, you can also test the headset this way as well.

I just picked up Virtuoso RGB SE headset yesterday and everything about it seems fine, however the voice feedback or sidetones are barely audible.

I can hear it functioning, but it's extremely quiet and I cannot find any solutions so far that aren't from a few years ago with the old CUE.

I have everything I can find maxed as well, so I figure it's iCUE limiting the sidetone max volume.

Anyone have a solution?

I have this same issue and others in this thread. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190672

If you close and exit out of the iCUE software, does your audio return to normal for both earcups? Have you tested on a different PC/Laptop? If you have a device with a 3.5mm jack, you can also test the headset this way as well.

Hi there,

Closing the iCUE didn't fix the issue, but the audio started to work on both sides after using the wired/wireless switch multiple times. I've experienced this issue two times, and a fresh version of Windows didn't help either.

I can also confirm, connecting the headset to the PC via cable didn't make a difference (USB 3.1/3.0 ports).

It's working at the moment, but is this a QC issue? Software issue? Apparently, there are some other posts on this forum reporting the same issue.

The other problem regarding the LED indicator persists, and the headset stays in a pulsing amber/green light for a long time without turning to a solid green light (won't show up as fully charged in iCUE software either) unless reconnected to the PC. I've used multiple different ports on the PC without any luck (Using ROG STRIX B350-F).

I thought to myself maybe a program is interfering with the charging process, so I reinstalled the latest build of Windows, but it didn't help. So I'm hoping this is a firmware/software issue, so I don't have to go through the replacement/return process.

Let me know if you need me to send some logs/system information. Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
Hi there,

Closing the iCUE didn't fix the issue, but the audio started to work on both sides after using the wired/wireless switch multiple times. I've experienced this issue two times, and a fresh version of Windows didn't help either.

I can also confirm, connecting the headset to the PC via cable didn't make a difference (USB 3.1/3.0 ports).

It's working at the moment, but is this a QC issue? Software issue? Apparently, there are some other posts on this forum reporting the same issue.

The other problem regarding the LED indicator persists, and the headset stays in a pulsing amber/green light for a long time without turning to a solid green light (won't show up as fully charged in iCUE software either) unless reconnected to the PC. I've used multiple different ports on the PC without any luck (Using ROG STRIX B350-F).

I thought to myself maybe a program is interfering with the charging process, so I reinstalled the latest build of Windows, but it didn't help. So I'm hoping this is a firmware/software issue, so I don't have to go through the replacement/return process.

Let me know if you need me to send some logs/system information. Thank you.

Were you able to confirm if the issue happens with the 3.5mm analog connection? This eliminates software from the equation and narrows it down to Windows and your onboard sound drivers. If the issue persists with iCUE closed, it is most likely not an iCUE related issue for the sound.

Double check to make sure the firmware is updated for your headset and dongle. The latest firmware update improves the charging behavior. You can also try cycling the battery by fully draining it, fully charging it uninterrupted, then use it again.

i would like to see replacement pads for the virtuoso, since my purchase i basicly wear my headset atleast 8 hours a day and they start to show wear and start to hurt my ears.

and nowhere on the internet i can find replacements for this model

Any news on this front?

Cause I'm in need for replacement pads as well.

Also I reverted back to iCUE 3.32.80.

Cause with the 3 latest revisions I get distorted audio again.

Whenever there has been no output of audio for a while and then resumes the audio is all distorted.

Turning the device off and on again resolves this temporarily.

I thought I would backup my profiles and then go back to 3.32.80.

Guess what, that version won't import the profiles, giving me a message saying that the profiles are for a newer version of Icue.

Since those newer iCUE's are totally not working for me with the distorted audio I lost all my profiles, thanks for that Corsair.

On top of that the mousewheel of my Iron Claw RGB Wireless broke.

Which is apparently a well known problem and basically comes down to a design flaw.

This would also not be the first design flaw Corsair has ever made.

Years ago I had a Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless headset that had the pivots break on them.

After 2 units of them break within 2 months I received a refund.

I have stayed clear of Corsair products for years since then.

Thought I give Corsair a second chance, maybe that was a mistake.

It may be obviously clear that currently I'm not a very happy customer.

Edited by Cerebr0

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

No update at this time on the replacement pads. I have passed the info along to our development team that customers are requesting them.

Just to confirm because your last post was awhile back, have you tried adjusting the "Auto Audio Repositioning" setting in iCUE? Does the distortion only happen over one wired or wireless, or both? Does closing iCUE have any effect on the audio quality?

Hello

I'd like to update my situation:

Corsair Support RMA'd my headset and the problem seemed less pronounced, but still not completely gone.

I then picked up in another thread that setting iCue in Windows 8 compatibility mode might help so I did that.

As of now I went >24h without problems.

I'm not touching anything in my setup and hope that some update is not going to break it. It would still be gread if this could be investigated by the developers

Were you able to confirm if the issue happens with the 3.5mm analog connection? This eliminates software from the equation and narrows it down to Windows and your onboard sound drivers. If the issue persists with iCUE closed, it is most likely not an iCUE related issue for the sound.

Double check to make sure the firmware is updated for your headset and dongle. The latest firmware update improves the charging behavior. You can also try cycling the battery by fully draining it, fully charging it uninterrupted, then use it again.

Sorry for the delay on my end. I haven't had the sound issue for a while, but not sure how long that will last.

The volume wheel doesn't work when the headset is connected to the PC via the 3.5mm jack, neither does the mic. I did a firmware/dongle update, but the volume wheel issue has been occurring randomly and it seems to get worse when the headset is low on battery.

I have been communicating with Corsair via email, and it seems I am getting a replacement. Hopefully, that unit is not suffering from the same issues.

Corsair's response to these issues has been non-existent. This product was released like a year ago, and there are still some major issues that should've been patched/fixed after the release.

I am sure you guys are doing your best to identify the issues and find a solution, but I am seeing numerous reports of people with similar cases. It'd be nice to have an official response as to why it is happening and how it can be fixed.

No update at this time on the replacement pads. I have passed the info along to our development team that customers are requesting them.

Just to confirm because your last post was awhile back, have you tried adjusting the "Auto Audio Repositioning" setting in iCUE? Does the distortion only happen over one wired or wireless, or both? Does closing iCUE have any effect on the audio quality?

The distorted audio only happens on wireless.

Yes I have experimented with the "Auto Audio Repositioning" setting.

Besides a slightly lower volume with it off it does not make a difference.

Closing iCUE is not really an option because I use custom keybinds and macro's on my mouse buttons.

But yes it makes a difference in audio quality closing iCUE because I also use the equalizer function in it.

Without using equalizer ("pure direct" equalizer setting) there is no difference in audio quality having iCUE running or not.

Edited by Cerebr0