The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > Motherboard Integration

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1034977
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalxEdward View Post
I tried setting this up with the Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming and it worked flawlessly.
The motherboard is controllable (as far as the limited leds on it will allow) and the animations even look smoother than similar aura ones.

It doesn't control anything addressable obviously like my phanteks case leds but the two standard RGB headers show up (though i don't have any non-addressable stuff i can test with)

However, due to the limited control I decided to go the other way around and use Aura/Armory Crate to control the Corsair Dominator ram rather than have iCUE control the mobo so that I could have everything sync. Aura integration isn't a beta feature according to Corsair support, but they say you have to enable "SPD Write" in bios which doesn't seem to be a common option on motherboards anymore and would require patching the BIOS with a hex editor in exactly the right spot.

has anyone else tried this method of Aura/Corsair integration and gotten the RAM to show up in Aura?
If SPD Write is disabled, iCUE won't be able to control the RAM either.
This was an option in earlier (z170/z270 motherboards) but now seems to be both enabled and hidden these days.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 02-14-2020, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 1035027
skypine27 Reputation: 10

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered. new to the party

Asus R6E user. I cant get the corsair software to control the individual zones on the board. They all seem "linked", ie if I select static color, all the zones go to one color. if I select "sold", none of the lighting works at all, all the selection boxes are "grey"

What gives? Also does the FC_Menu profile (ie red white and blue flickering) wont work on the mobo (works on keyboard and mouse pad)

Is there anyway to "unlink" the motherboard completely from the iCue software so that Asus Aura controls is? Do you think I need to have uninstalled Asus Aura for the features of ice to work on the mobo?

Thx!

Last edited by skypine27; 02-14-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:36 PM
KILLER_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035029
KILLER_K Reputation: 10

I hope they fix the Battleye issue with ICUE or the .dll plugin. One of them or both is making it default back to rainboiw mode after a handful of games launch.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:48 PM

POST ID # = 1035039
STOPchris Reputation: 10

It works, but this is where it fails and blows the whole thing up: "We don't support individually addressable headers at this time."

The only way this can be successful, for me, is if it can control everything the Aura software can. Otherwise, I still have to fire up Aura to make changes. Pointless to go only one step in, instead of all the way in. I guess for people that don't have an Asus graphics card or addressable RGB strips...

EDIT: I really just want to be able to turn off all of the lights (icue and Aura) in my case with one click. This change does not accomplish this.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:55 AM
Kirinakaa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035092
Kirinakaa Reputation: 10

I'm regretting trying this out, now only 4 of my 21 corsair LL 120 Fans are lighting up and none of my aura lighting is changing through iCUE or AuraSync. I've even fresh installed windows and am about to try flashing both of my CoPros, any ideas? Also, in iCue I have three devices called "Corsair Obsidian 1000D(1)" New PC and went to **** after installing iCue :(
Old 02-15-2020, 09:26 AM

POST ID # = 1035101

Previous version link please!!

Does anyone have a link to the previous version of icue? I want to go back!
Old 02-15-2020, 12:05 PM
KILLER_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035104

I see it knocks out my ST100 on Battleye as well.

Quote:
Removed for bad url
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post
Previous version link please!!

Does anyone have a link to the previous version of icue? I want to go back!

Last edited by KILLER_K; 02-15-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:36 PM

POST ID # = 1035106

That file horse didn't seem like legit files, all the .exes it downloaded were 3.5 MB, no way I was running them. What it did to tho, was let me know the exact version numbers. I googled the previous version and there were lots of places that had the full 360MB file up

Thx!

Last edited by skypine27; 02-15-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:50 PM
RadicalxEdward's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035206
RadicalxEdward Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
If SPD Write is disabled, iCUE won't be able to control the RAM either.
This was an option in earlier (z170/z270 motherboards) but now seems to be both enabled and hidden these days.
Thanks! Do you know where you found out about this? Since I can control my ram via iCUE, i guess i'll consider it enabled, i'd just like to have a reference for talking with Corsair support about Aura controlling the RAM (which isn't considered a beta feature like iCUE controlling Aura)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypine27 View Post
Is there anyway to "unlink" the motherboard completely from the iCue software so that Asus Aura controls is? Do you think I need to have uninstalled Asus Aura for the features of ice to work on the mobo?
I'm using a mix of both Aura and iCUE.
iCUE can control:
Asus X570-E mobo
Dominator RGB ram

Aura can control:
Asus X570-E mobo
Evolv X case aRGB strips
Sapphire RX 5700 XT GPU

So i went back to iCUE just for RAM and Aura (via Armory Crate since you can make custom effects) for everything else and am working on getting Aura to control the RAM to see if that's any good until iCUE can control aRGB headers.

For my situation, whichever app applied a setting last takes priority (with the occasional conflict that makes the lights flicker and requires a couple re-applys / restarts to fix.) But that applies to everything, meaning when iCUE takes over (which has to be left running in the systray to control the mobo) the aRGB stuff goes off. I haven't found a way to have Aura control the aRGB strips and iCUE control everything else including the mobo.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Reap3r160's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035472
Reap3r160 Reputation: 12

I have had nothing but problems with my X570-F GAMING since I got it in October.

Really don't think its a hardware issue since it works fine other than the RGB. The version of Aura we are asked to download doesn't detect it, Armoury Crate does(which now should be uninstalled) but the RGB doesn't work.

Icue obviously doesn't see it at all, however my GPU RGB lights up if the lighting service is stopped and I open ICUE though it doesn't appear in ICUE itself.

The ASUS forums have been uselss, not sure if anyone here can help. No idea if I can even exchange it for a different motherboard(I have an extended warranty but obviously that won't help if its a software issue). That and I REALLY don't wanna have to diassemble my entire tower.

Appreciate any help
Old 02-20-2020, 03:49 PM

POST ID # = 1035611
elfas Reputation: 10

This plugin worked for me for a while, but after the latest iCue update (3.25.60) and possibly some update that came from ASUS armoury crate on the same or next day (did not notice what was updated from ASUS) - the motherboard now does not show up in iCue anymore or in Asus Aura. The MB now continues cycling through the default rainbow.

MB: Asus Maximus Gene XI

Would anyone from Corsair help to understand if the problem was caused by iCue or if this is something I should take up with ASUS support?

Is there any log saved on my system by iCue to understand if the plugin is even loaded up during iCue startup?

Can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:58 PM
pinkfloyd1173's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035613
pinkfloyd1173 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfas View Post
This plugin worked for me for a while, but after the latest iCue update (3.25.60) and possibly some update that came from ASUS armoury crate on the same or next day (did not notice what was updated from ASUS) - the motherboard now does not show up in iCue anymore or in Asus Aura. The MB now continues cycling through the default rainbow.

MB: Asus Maximus Gene XI

Would anyone from Corsair help to understand if the problem was caused by iCue or if this is something I should take up with ASUS support?

Is there any log saved on my system by iCue to understand if the plugin is even loaded up during iCue startup?

Can provide more details if needed.

Thank you.
I have had no issues with the plug in, but then again I do not use alot of the ASUS bloatware other than AI sutie 3.

Reading these threads I see alot of people use alot of the asus add-on's, and from what I gather thats where alot of the issues start.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:46 PM
KILLER_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035630

I have removed the Asus plugin out hee folder to check. After removing it, Battleye doesn't knock out my RGB fans or my ST100 now. It is something in the .dll. Maybe how it is executed is causing the trigger.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:15 AM
GoLLuM-13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035650
GoLLuM-13 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
I have removed the Asus plugin out hee folder to check. After removing it, Battleye doesn't knock out my RGB fans or my ST100 now. It is something in the .dll. Maybe how it is executed is causing the trigger.
I tried what you said and you're 100% right there's something wrong with "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" I hope it will be fixed soon (even if it's still in beta phase)
Old 02-22-2020, 05:03 PM
DerekAz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035748
DerekAz Reputation: 10
Default Extension? and Folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Did you drop the extension into the folder? And upgrade your iCUE version?

I can't seem to get it working with my Maximus X WiFi which is on the list. I know I have the latest Corsair version and I already had the Asus folder in my Plug-Ins before even seeing this thread but downloaded the zip and reinstalled anyway. I don't know why but I cannot seem to find the version number for the Aura software that's on my PC anywhere. I guess I will just have to download Aura again. As for the latest Bios, do you know if there a date on what the 'latest' means/is? Not a big fan of changing Bios unless absolutely needed.

@DevBiker what exactly is the 'extension' you mentioned here and which 'folder' exactly are you referring to? Thanks
Closed Thread