Corsair Community

Obsidian 800D and SSD mounting.

JacksonSoloist

Hello,

I just realized this case sucks as far as SSD mounting..unless I'm retarded and I'm missing something. I just got an SSD drive and couldn't mount it to anything since the only option with my case now is Hot Swap bays and I don't see why anyone would connect their SSD into a hot swap bay. I want to connect mine directly to the mother board but if I do that there's no place to put the SSD. :mad: I have it all ghetto right now at the bottom cage but I don't like it. I figured for the price of the case I shouldn't have to do this crap.

Any ideas, how are you guys hooking up your SSD directly to the mother board? I bought adapters but they won't work on the bottom cage so I'll try a tray next. Would that work?

Again, I don't want the Hot Swap connection. I want to go straight to the board.

Thanks in advance.

Depending on what type of SSD you have, it may have come with a 3.5" adapter plate. If so, simply attach the drive to the adapter plate and try installing it into the hot-swap caddy. My Corsair SSDs came with a metal adapter plate, as do most; if the drive is still out of alignment, you could always modify the included plate by drilling additional holes... Hope this helps...

Depending on what type of SSD you have, it may have come with a 3.5" adapter plate. If so, simply attach the drive to the adapter plate and try installing it into the hot-swap caddy. My Corsair SSDs came with a metal adapter plate, as do most; if the drive is still out of alignment, you could always modify the included plate by drilling additional holes... Hope this helps...

I can't resist this....Man I DIDN'T think about THAT...wait let me go check to see if it came with an ADAPTER PLATE. :laughing:

I know you're trying to help man but the little devil told me to mess with you. :D:

You can always remove the hot swap board and connect cables directly.

Here's a video where we install SSDs in a hot swap bay:

Yes, I know how to install the SSD into the swap bays (I don't want to do that) and I thought about removing the board as well but the thing is I don't want to lose the hot swap for the HDs I already have but it's alright if this is the only alternative. I just wanted to make sure that trays worked since the adapters didn't. I'll just have to find out myself, thanks.

I can't resist this....Man I DIDN'T think about THAT...wait let me go check to see if it came with an ADAPTER PLATE. :laughing:

I know you're trying to help man but the little devil told me to mess with you. :D:

It's cool, I'm the youngest of 5 brothers so I'm used to a-holes :D:! You'd be surprised how often the simplest solution is over-looked, and since it wasn't mentioned in your original post I figured I give it a try... If all else fails just duct tape that sucker in there!

• Corsair Employee
Wait I have this case and the lower trays are pre-drilled to mount 2.5" HDD's, if you do not see two small holes in the bottom of the tray please use the link on the left and request an RMA and explain it in the problem descryption and we will either send you new trays or send you an adapter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived