Corsair Community

Corsair Link Ram Monitor

Jeremy1998

Hey guys. I have some Corsair Dominator GT memory in my system, and I would like to have the monitoring feature like the Airflow Pro provides. However, I don't need, or even want the airflow pro. I think corsair should make some sort of adapter module, so people can monitor their ram without getting the ram fans, that most people don't like.

Doesn't this already exist? (see screen below from corsair blog)

I was playing with my link earlier and this memory temp scale randomly popped up but for the life of me I can't find it again I have clicked and right clicked every square inch of it! I only have standard vengeance with no coolers and it flashed up and told me the temps of what I think was each slot. It was awesome, where did it go :confused: It wasn't on a previous version because I did a fresh install onto v1.2.7

http://www.corsair.com/media/about_corsair_link/system.png

Doesn't this already exist? (see screen below from corsair blog)

I was playing with my link earlier and this memory temp scale randomly popped up but for the life of me I can't find it again I have clicked and right clicked every square inch of it! I only have standard vengeance with no coolers and it flashed up and told me the temps of what I think was each slot. It was awesome, where did it go :confused: It wasn't on a previous version because I did a fresh install onto v1.2.7

I am pretty sure that that is like an estimate from CPUID hardware monitor, or something similar. The Corsair Airflow Pro actually plugs into the ram, and lets the ram tell it what temp it actually is.

• Corsair Employee
Yes you are both right for the most part and currently the only way to monitor the sensors in our Dominator Modules is with the use of the Air Flow Pro connected to the link. But I understood you to ask if that could be done with our the interconnect cable, and why I said good suggestion.

Yes you are both right for the most part and currently the only way to monitor the sensors in our Dominator Modules is with the use of the Air Flow Pro connected to the link. But I understood you to ask if that could be done with our the interconnect cable, and why I said good suggestion.

Well, more like a full module. Because if it was just a cable, I would use up all 8 ports on the Corsair Link.

You cannot connect the modules directly to our Link controller there would have to be an interconnect, thus the Air Flow Pro as it has hard ware to monitor the other features.

Okay. I thought you were talking about a cable straight from ram to Corsair Link. Which wouldn't work. So I'm glad that it (in theory) would be a separate module, so I can still use my lighting and cooling kits and all that jazz.

• Corsair Employee
I am not clear on what you are asking but the Memory and Air flow Pro is one device and will work independently from Corsair Link, Only if you have the cables connected to Airflow Pro to Corsair Link can you monitor the memory and modify the lED display from Corsair Link. In addition, Corsair will be able to work with several devices that can work independently from Corsair Link such as the GPU Node and our 1200i series PSU. Burt when these devices are connected to the Link Commander they can then be controlled in Corsair Link software under the Link Commander. Or if connected directly to the MB USB can be controller independently. Hope that clears that up.

So, do I get a free one for making the suggestion? ;) JK

But seriously, how long until we can expect to see this, if at all? I really want this, and I want it as soon as possible. Also, estimated price, if it ever came out? Also, how would you go about this? one module that can do up to 8 ram dimms, or only like 4 ram dimms per controller module?

I think they should and would interest me in future Ram upgrades. I'd like to see the use of a very small node/module if anything the size of the LED node if not smaller just to get all the ram cables connected back to the Link as one. I think the Air Flow is nice and all but better suited for normal ram sticks w/ out LEDs built into them. Having the Air Flow removed out of the way will give the ram w/ the led feature a very nice cosmetic/sparkle to it and show off peoples/enthusiasts internal system along with their custom themes. One company does this w/ LEDs (Which I am not going to name and looks great but quality on the other hand is questionable or not even close to Corsair sticks :P and their LED feature is limited).

• 3 months later...

Any possibility of this ever happening? I am gonna be needing something like it soon...

Does the Airflow Pro interface with the Corsair Link? Because if it does, I suppose I could modify it to work... And if corsair offered longer DHX cables, I would be fine using the normal Airflow Pro.

Archived