Corsair Community

2x512+2x512 3200C2PT 2 gigs

cygnus x1

I have 2x512 Corasir 3200C2PT Modules. I just bought 2x512 3200C2PT Modules but have not installed them yet. My first set is Version 4.3 and my second set is 5.2....

Will these work together? Or do I have to return this new set of ram?

Thanks!

A8V Deluxe

3200+Venice

So no need to RMA them? I read that version #'s must match? I want to find out before I open the package..

Being version# 4.3 and 5.2 close enough that it doesn't matter?

If they work at those timings then I want to keep them to save money and I won't have wasted memoryhaving 2x512 sticks lying around.

Would I just be better off RMAing them and upgrading to 2x1gig sticks? Thanks for your help. Even though it will cost me another 100.00 to upgrade this way :-(

Also My current installed ram reads 200mhz on cpu-z? It also says dual channel. Should it be at 400mhz dual channel?

If you have not opened the RAM and have the option to RMA and upgrade, you would be much better off with a 2gb TwinX kit of 2 x 1024mb DIMMs. And, this is especially important on AMD systems. You will get much better performance out 2DIMMs/2gb as opposed to 4DIMMs/2gb.

And, CPU-Z is correct. DDR400 memory actually operates at 200mhz. However, it transfers data 2 times per clock cycle (hence D ual D ata R ate) so the effective data rate is DDR400.

Mike.

They should buit you may need to set the timings manually to Cas 3-3-3-8 at 2T Command Rate and I would set the memory voltage to 2.8 Volts.

Ok I installed them and they are working dual channel at 3-3-3-8 2T and I put the voltage at 2.8. Can I change the memclock divider to bring it back up to 200mhz because it now runs at 166mhz? And which divider would I use?

This will depend on your CPU. What core is your CPU? Also, I have not actually seen the bios on your MOBO. What options do you have on the memclock divider?

Mike.

My CPU is 3200+Venice core..I'm running current 1017 bios...

It's set at "auto" which is =1:1 (DDR 200)

Other options are..

4:3 (DDR 266)

3:2

5:3 (DDR 333)

2:1 (DDR 400)

Would switching to one of these bring me back to 200mhz dual channel? Thanks for your help..

2:1 will run at DDR400!

2:1 Worked I'm now running 4x512 C2PT mods at 200mhx dual channel. Timings are 3-3-3-8-2T Should I try and tighten the timings up abit?

All this and different version #'s one set is version 4.3 and the other is 5.2..

Should I just leave the timings the way they are because I want to raise my CPU 3200+ Venice at 2.0 ghz front side bus to 240 and run at 3800+ Speeds.

Any info appreciated. I almost RMA'd this set:biggrin:

If you want to over clock I would suggest the times be left at 3-3-3-8. But sure you can try what ever you want. However, I would suggest you use http://www.memtest.org to test the system so you do not corrupt the HDD.

I did run memtest for one complete cycle with no errors:biggrin:

I had to split it into 2 test though because it would not test it all at once.. Is that normal?

I did run memtest for one complete cycle with no errors:biggrin:

I had to split it into 2 test though because it would not test it all at once.. Is that normal?

I raised the FSB to 220 and get errors immediatley with memtest..

Do I have to raise the cpu voltage or am I just out of luck for overclocking?

since were talking...

What if I reset the bios to stock and that would bring me back to 166mhz speed.

Overclock my FSB until unstable with memtest then bring back down? This seems less complicated to me than changing multipliers and doing math...LOL

What do you think? Also raising the voltages on components? What does that do, Just help for overclocking because the more I turn up the specs the juice it needs.. Much Appreciated

Archived