Corsair Community

Brand new Vengeance H2100 and constant white noise

Nake

So I got these awesome wireless headsets today, which are great in any other aspect except there is constant white noise. It is really annoying, since I use TeamSpeak 3 daily and usually it is open whole day and it triggers white noise (very loud, mostly because my hearing is excellent) even if no one is talking. Also I can hear it between songs or when song has quiet section or during gameplay.

I've tried almost everything I have found on internet and what my friends have asked me to try. I have also tested these on my cousins computer and my on my dads computer (both in different house from my PC). Same problem on both PCs.

I have made a support ticket, but I don't think I get answer before Monday so I thought fellow H2100 users might have something new to try to fix this problem.

Also I have noticed that when I raise my left earphone and put it back on ear it makes very loud crackling sound. Like speakers cone (shiny thing in the middle) gets pushed in and out. Right one has similar problem but it is not as loud as left ones.

I have also been in contact with the store where I bought these but they probably get back to me on Monday aswell.

Here is image of Corsair Gaming Headset Control Panel's Information: http://puu.sh/dhX6q/2c4693b4b3.png

Any ideas?

This is a problem we all have. Some of us are more sensitive to it than others. But Corsair has consistently failed in providing a solution or workaround. Actually, in my experience the Corsair drivers make the situation worse.

I use the default windows drivers and when I want surround I enable the Razer Synapse software. When not using surround, I even disable the Razer Service to minimize the white noise.

It's a lame solution, but the best I found since I couldn't exchange this poor headphones. Sound is great, but evidently there is an issue with the transmission that generates the white noise.

The poor Corsair response has driven me to avoid Corsair products... best of luck to you!

Just got msg from store where I bought these that they've received my headsets and it is now waiting to be handled. I hope I get new ones (and dont have pay extra...) and they're working better or atleast less annoying.

EDIT: I just got new msg from the store that it was broken and they send me new one as soon as they receive one. Fingers crossed that it is working unit.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. I just got new as replacement and sound is better because its so much more balanced, but still white noise exists. I've tried WITH and WITHOUT Corsair's software/drivers, same-ish result (no huge difference).

There is still same "causes" for the white noise; TeamSpeak 3, Skype call in active or song is playing, tho I can't hear white noise during song is playing anymore but if I pause song I can hear it. If I stop song, white noise also stops. This is what is irritating me, everything is OK before sounds are coming/about to come. It's like, whenever audio channel is open (or something) there is also white noise.

Any ideas? I've updated support ticket with these informations aswell.

EDIT: I noticed that these ones have one fault; volume scroll does not work. Tho it can be good thing that I dont accidentally turn volume to 100 when I adjust headphones/something. I'm used to manually change volumes via Windows settings anyway, so not that big of deal.

I believe that it is useless to rma because white noise is a design flaw

Or problem is with software. Can't imagine how it would be headphone ("hardware") issue that when there is program open which is about to output audio*, white noise appears.

* TeamSpeak, song on pause, Youtube video open etc.

Without any of those, or anything similar to those, open there is no white noise. Also I have noticed that if I have TeamSpeak + Youtube video open, white noise is higher than it would be with just one of them. So it stacks too.

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

I purchased the headset a couple of days ago, wish I'd of found this thread earlier as I probably wouldn't have done.

Either way I've managed to work around the issue a bit.

A couple of changes;

The first is the 48000hz method described in other threads.

The second was to change my default sound device to my dedicated sound card - this instantly removed the hiss. Obviously you'll need to specify your headset as the sound device for output in whatever application or game you're using after doing that.

I found that this removed the white noise when it was meant to be silent.

Only thing I'm finding now on Windows 10 is that I'm getting crackling with the sound. Not sure if this is related to the OS/drivers or the actual headset.

Actually ignore my last.

It seems the fix was only temporary.

The crackling seems to be a distance issue - even a couple of foot away I get the problem, if I put the dongle to within a few cm of the headset I dont get the issue.

• 10 months later...

The funny thing is i was trying to decide between these and the G930 and ive picked these before i even read these problems...jesus have i made a mistake...the noise is making my head hurt and for 100 euros this is not worth it...

Has anyone found the fix?

• 2 months later...

If you want to get rid of the crackling with certain sounds, you must lower applications' Volume level down to 66% in Volume Mixer (in Windows). This will remove any sort of crackling in audio. Maybe there's a better way to get rid of the issue, but I haven't looked for it.

http://i.imgur.com/EPUW8wx.png

If you want to remove white noise - get different headphones. Razer software will work for the Corsair H2100 that might remove the white noise, but You'd have to pay for the equalizer, which brings me to the last point:

These headphones sound unbalanced. Therefore I've tweaked the equalizer and eventually settled with a setting that sounds better to me. It does actually feel as if the settings don't actually change as much (12dB) as indicated by the software.

http://i.imgur.com/LTNcr5p.png

I got these headphones for free and while they do have the above-mentioned issues, they also have a good microphone and a surprisingly good sound-stage for closed-back headphones. I can definitely tell where the enemy is while I'm playing FPS games. And no, the surround effects are completely unnecessary for this!

Archived