Corsair Community

iCue not controlling 1 fan on H100i pro RGB

dylanj

I think I have a defective 120 mm fan, but would appreciate if someone would follow my troubleshooting and let me know if there is something I missed.

I recently purchased a H100i pro RGB (CW-9060033-WW) and installed it. The unit is powered by the SATA connector coming off the pump, both fans are connected to the Y adapter coming off the pump/sata power connector, the pump tach is connected to the motherboard CPU fan header, the usb connector is attached to the USB1 header on the mb. The CPU fan speed in the bio is set to 100% full speed.

Irregardless of any setting or configuration I have tried, Fan #1 runs at ~2460RPM and that speed cannot be changed. It is very loud :mad:

Fan #2 can be controlled by iCue or Corsair Link and runs between 0 RPM (with the ZeroRPM profile) and ~1300 RPM (with the Extreme profile.) The pump runs between ~1110 RPM (Quiet profile) and ~2760 RPM (extreme profile).

About my system:

Gigabyte B150M-D3H-CF motherboard

intel i5 6600k processor

window 10 x64

Troubleshooting I have tried

-controlling the fan with only iCue installed

-controlling the fan with only Corsair link installed

-controlling the fan with Gigabyte's SIV while iCue is installed (this doesn't work at all and I have uninstalled SIV)

-controlling the fan by changing the bios CPU fan speed (has no effect)

-detaching the pump tach from the motherboard CPU (no effect)

-removing and reinstalling the Corsair USBXp Driver (no effect)

-detaching the fan from the power Y coming off of the pump/Sata power connector (this obviously shuts down the fan completely while it is disconnected.)

-swapping the 2 fans on the power Y coming off of the pump/Sata power connector (this causes the problem to be changed to fan #2 operating at full speed while the other fan keeps its 0-1300 RPM range)

This ultimately leads me to believe that the fan always operating at high speed is defective. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

-swapping the 2 fans on the power Y coming off of the pump/Sata power connector (this causes the problem to be changed to fan #2 operating at full speed while the other fan keeps its 0-1300 RPM range)

This ultimately leads me to believe that the fan always operating at high speed is defective. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

That suggests there could be something wrong with the tach wire on the max speed fan. Final test is to connect the suspect fan to the motherboard and see if you can control it in PWM mode. If the premise is true, then you need to contact Corsair tech support to get a replacement and/or throw a different PWM pair on.