Corsair Community

Is LGA 1700 retrofit kit still needed for iCUE H100i?

Just purchased iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX for use with LGA 1700 (Asus) motherboard.  It appears to have all the mounting hardware, bracket and standoffs in bag labeled '1700'.  I have seen so many discussions of needing a retrofit kit that I wanted to be sure that I have all that is needed for my build.  Thank you.

Did you buy the LCD version of the H100i Elite Capellix?  Or the standard face plate version?

The product page still suggests you need the stand-off kit, but if those bolts are in a bag with 1700 on it, that's a bit confusing.  I think you probably have what you need, but we need someone from Corsair to confirm (and clean up the product page).  The new LCD versions are getting this.  Maybe they added in for new Elite Capellix models as well, but problematic since you don't know if you will get a new or old box.  

(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/LGA1700-Retrofit-Kit/p/CW-8960091

Edited by c-attack

Based on some seemingly trustworthy YouTube videos about set up of this AIO, it looks like newer boxes contain all the LGA 1700 parts.  Next big question is: Leave the stock thermal paste our do my own (probably will do my own, but always interested in other opinions.)

If you've already spent the money on a premium TIM you are dying to try out, then you might as well use it.  It is typically difficult to measure any differences, except at really high wattage outputs, but having other tube sit there and wondering is no good either.  If you haven't already bought something new, then use the pre-applied.