Corsair Community

Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

soul_blade_az

Tested the 2 dimms once at a time in the first slot and the both on the slots I was using and no errors. they are compatible with my MB and the probls started when i installed them, so don't know what's happening. I now changend them to the 1st and 3rd slot. Let's see what happens

I ran Prime95 blend and large fft and it only ran for under a minute beeing halted by a hardware error. I ran the same testes with my old 2x2Gb DDR3 ********e@1066Mhz and prime95 is still running after 2hours with no errors or warnings. I now really think it's a ram problem. Is it normal not having no errors in memtest and still having issues? I double checked the MB combatability and the part number is listed as combateble. Any advice? should I return it to the store as it I only bought it 3 days ago? Thanks

PS: The PC has been running for some time now (with my old ram) and it's stable (no crash or reboots)

Have you checked the BIOS is the latest version?

You might try and load setup defaults and then enable XMP and retest the modules if that is not what you have done!

Hi,

Yeah I got the latest bios and also tested the modules on default and xmp enabled, but as before, memtest passed ok and prime95 stopes under 1min with hardware error. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

update: so I went and bought the CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and now the PC everytime I first boot it after about 3 minuts it crashes and reboots, after that all fine. I can't run the windows performance tests, and I can't put the PC in suspend mode, cuz it will crash and reboot. It's really getting my nervs. Any sugestions? Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I would make sure that you have the latest BIOS version and then install just one module and load setup defaults and set the setting on the side of the modules manually IE Cas 9-9-9-24 1.55 Volts and test them with http://www.memtest.org for at least three passes per module and then do the same for the other module. If they both pass put then back in dual channel and do these steps again.

I would make sure that you have the latest BIOS version and then install just one module and load setup defaults and set the setting on the side of the modules manually IE Cas 9-9-9-24 1.55 Volts and test them with http://www.memtest.org for at least three passes per module and then do the same for the other module. If they both pass put then back in dual channel and do these steps again.

Ok so I updated to the latest BIOS, tested one module-OK, tested the other module-ok, both modules after the 1st pass already had 3 errors.

• Corsair Employee
Did you test the modules in the second DIMM slot that you are using? If each stick passes in the second DIMM slot as well but still fail in dual channel mode, then the problem may be with the memory controller in the processor, not with motherboard or memory as you isolated those by testing it 1 dimm and 1 module at a time. I would advise testing a new CPU if you can at this point as that may be why you are passing memtest but failing prime95.

Archived