Corsair Community

ML140 RGB Pro Amp discrepancy

auskie

On the fan itself it says "12V DC 0.202A" on the box it says "RATED CURRENT - FAN 0.069 A" and "RATED CURRENT - RGB LED 0.2 A" (See images below)

If using splitters, which rating is relied on to calculate how many fans will not exceed the 1A per head and 4.5A total limits on the Commander Pro?

Based on these ratings it appears the Commander Pro can handle 20 ML140 RGB PROs?

d86a3f1a19d226b26768e773c5620715.jpg

959bf805825e21948b374d9251ff66d7.png

Hey buddy..

Ignoring specs.. and going with what we have witnessed... no more than 2 fans per header and personally I would go no more than 8 fans per copro... should be noted that corsair does not support this....... I personally run 8 LL fans off of one my copros

Hope this helps dude

The fan motor current is the 0.069A value. The lighting current passes through the RGB Lighting Hub and is calculated for that device. Two fan wires, two electrical pathways. As mentioned above, regardless of total current you are going to get into trouble trying to run too many fans off the commander pro.

Theoretically, the CoPro could handle a ton of those fans.

However, what we've seen here is that 3-way (or more) splitters is a definite no-go, regardless of the current draw rating of the attached fans is. I can't recall anyone ever saying "hey, I'm running with 3-way splitters and it's fine" but we've seen TONS of folks with blown fan ports and 3-way splitters. We have seen LOTS of folks (including myself) using 2-way splitters successfully over a long period.

And, as Zotty noted, Corsair does not officially support any splitters at all.

Archived