The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
TLBradbury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639749
TLBradbury Reputation: 10
Question Link Commander Blinking Red Light

The light on the back of my Commander unit is blinking (green), but every once in awhile it blinks red (I think 1 out of 16 blinks - it's hard to count that fast!).

I thought perhaps I could look up what this means in the vast amounts of documentation on the Link system... oh, wait. </sarcasm>

If anyone has any ideas and/or knowledge about what the light is intended to communicate, I would be interested in hearing about it!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:20 AM

POST ID # = 639859
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Was your computer on sleep/shutdown when it happens?

If so based on the description, that is the Commander Unit trying to find/connect to Windows.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
TLBradbury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639905

I don't believe so. I think this was when I had just the Commander plugged in. I have been trying to get my H100i to connect through the Commander instead of being directly plugged into a USB header, but it isn't working. Now I have both plugged into USB headers and it is buy blinking, but most of the time red (every once in awhile I see a green blink). Gives new meaning to 'my system is on the blink'!

Old 03-14-2013, 03:06 AM

POST ID # = 640127
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Is the H100i FW on 1.05? if so, there is a known issue with the detection when its connected to the Commander unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY

Green on and off (about twice per second) means that Stingray is attempting to connect to Windows. It will flash red every ~10 seconds if it cannot and will keep trying.

Solid green and flickering orange is used to show activity; since SierraSerivce is always running, the USB Commander should always be flickering.

Red on and off (about twice per second) indicates some hardware failure or that the unit is in boot-loader mode.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
reyhan_285's PC Specs

POST ID # = 641753
reyhan_285 Reputation: 10

I have the same thing kinda, my commander unit constantly binks no matter what, and when the computer is off it is blinking red and green even now it is blinking I think it could be normal...?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 PM
TLBradbury's PC Specs

POST ID # = 641777

Yeah, I've since learned that this is just an indication of the system communicating. I swear, half the entries in the forums wouldn't be needed if there was decent documentation. I feel a bit sorry for how overloaded the support crew are. On the other hand, I hope the product manager is getting their butt kicked nine ways to Sunday for putting out a product line that wasn't ready.