Corsair Community

A few Problems and Questions

NMEBowen

Ok im very new to link but im having one or two minor issues,

The system info of my pc isnt showing do i need to enter that? or should it automatically detect.

I dont have any firmware installed for the AX1200i so the software says it seems to be working fine but its still a little puzzling.

ok so now to the issues, I have 2 hdd temp tabs flashing red with nothing on them not sure if thats because their old drives or on sata ii cables or what.

Just now my Hdd temp went to 0 so the fans show as 0 too but the temp obviously isnt 0 and the fans seem to be running at full speed or close.

any help would be greatly appriciated. :confused:

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/NMEBowen/fanlist.png

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/NMEBowen/updatelist.png

Are you using Link 2.1.1?

Have you tried reinstalling the software?

Have you tried replugging the Link digital cable from the PSU to the Commander unit?

Click the flashing Cooling Temp, Then in the Config Panel where "Device Type" is change it from Power to Temp.

No im using the previous version i will try 2.1.1 now but ive heard its even more unstable.

Yes ive reinstalled the software and disconneted the links to see if that works

The flashing temps are just unstable i can swap them to temp and they give me a reading of around 100+ then il boot up the software again and there flashing again so i swap them to power and get the same reading.

thanks for the ideas though.

The red flashing temps have gone on 2.1.1 but still no power outputs and no control over fan rpm, so ive gone back to a previous version the flashing has gone on the hdd temp 3 and 4 i just have crazy readings and i have a phantom temp sensor still no ampage showing though :(

Just ran both cant see any power readings as far as i know but its the 1st time using either program as far as rpm goes with 2.1.1 i can change the speeds but set no custom profiles as once the rpm is set it sets it at that rpm for all temps for chassis and h100 fans the ax fan is always been one setting so it doesnt really count. ops hadnt run prime properly il get back to you on that.

I have the Fans working fine with custom profiles on 2.0.16 but no power readings from the ax1200i if i use 2.1.1 the custom profiles dont work but neither does the power rating system is it a link issue or have i installed something incorectly? i dont mind doing a format of my ssd and reinstalling windows if i know it will help, but as the firmware has all been updated theres no way for me to do a full install by directions previously given.

• Corsair Employee

That has been hit and miss on reading HDD Temps its something we are looking into and if its something we can fix I am sure we will.

And NMEBowen the driver for the Link did not instal for the module. Do you have the PSU connected to the Link commander or to the MB USB? That is why you cannot control it and some of the features are not showing up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11590&stc=1&d=1352165016

AX1200i.PNG.4815ed42f01d1e4177190b2b0029b7c2.PNG

So i put a ticket into support last night describing my issue they suggested to uninstall link power down and disconnect the power completly for 15 seconds ive done this reinstalled link and the issue still persists im just wondering now as my custom temp/fan profiles for each fan are still there even though the profile is not that its remembering everything. Did i notice a reset button on the commander when i installed it? what will it do if i press it as far as memorising things on the commander is it worth a try?

Have you done any firmware updates? If I remember correctly and was said that the 1200i will not work with the older Link software before 2.x and since the commander won't register with any 2.x Link software you will need to update the firmware on the commander using an older Link software before 2.x . Correct me if I'am wrong ram guy. Here is the link for the Firmware update - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=110700

yes indeed everything is up to date firware is all the lastest versions as of this week and im on link 2.1.7. The thing im most interested in is firmware for the ax1200i i have the option to update it from the bootlogger but there isnt any firmware as far as i can see availible for it.

any other suggestions then? i keep getting flashes of readings when i load the link software 5amps on the 24 pin and 5-6 amp on the 8 pin but the vanish again after a few seconds. Could it be something to do with my bios? similar to having conflicting temp probe programs.

Archived