Corsair Community

Dark Core SE Bluetooth vs 2.4g Mode

Hi

I just got a Dark Core Qi charging mouse with MM1000 mousepad.

I noticed the Dark core had a Bluetooth / 2.4 Ghz Wifi switch at the bottom.

Can someone explain the pros and cons of each mode?

Im Planning on getting the Corsair lapboard with wireless K63 keyboard so i want to know which is the best mode when the mouse is about 2-3 meters away from the reciever/PC

The two different connections: 2.4 has a higher polling rate and is better for gaming (Up to 1ms), Bluetooth is compatible with other devices, and does not require using the wireless receiver to connect as Bluetooth is built into certain devices. Bluetooth polls slower though, about 8ms.

The two different connections: 2.4 has a higher polling rate and is better for gaming (Up to 1ms), Bluetooth is compatible with other devices, and does not require using the wireless receiver to connect as Bluetooth is built into certain devices. Bluetooth polls slower though, about 8ms.

Thanks, Which one has better range and does the wireless 1ms drop with distance to the reciever?

• 2 years later...
With bluetooth connection enabled iCUE software can't detect the mouse to control it. In this mode only onboard profiles is available to use.

I created an account on this forum just so I could reply to Syberon's comment from 2 years ago to say THANK YOU. I spent several hours trying to figure out why my iCUE Application interface was showing "unavailable".

For future readers, the 3 settings on the bottom of your Dark Core RGB Pro gives the following results:

• When plugged in, iCUE connected and displays: USB MODE

• When Bluetooth on, iCUE is NOT connected and displays: UNAVAILABLE

• When Wifi on (2.4gh and uses dongle), iCUE is connected and displays: WIRELESS MODE

I don't know why I didn't try the 3rd option but I'm glad I discovered an answer before drafting a huge follow-up with Corsair support. Hopefully this post will also help with SEO so others can find this help quicker than I did :laughing: