Corsair Community

Tech Support Express Case [4643396] - Stopped resonding

I am sorry to create this thread but I am running out of options.

On 9th May I contacted the CTST via the online form and we exchanged a couple of messages. Ultimately I was requested to provide my full name and address so a part could be posted to me. I duly gave these details and asked a couple of further questions.

Then nothing. No acknowledgement, no reply, silence. I sent another messages asking for an update but that has gone unanswered to. I then phoned Corsair (from the UK) twice only to be put through to voicemail each time.

Can a moderator or Corsair representative PLEASE update me on my tech support "express" case?

Thanks for the reply.

I did indeed get four emails arrive at the same time late last night. Albeit they were somewhat contradictory and referred to the wrong part number (wrong SKU) but I assume that is simply down to an automated system and the fact that the "Tech Support" system doesn't seem to think my part exists (It wasn't listed on the drop down selection).

Still it's a bit disappointing that I needed to post on this forum in order to get a response from Tech Support. Let's hope the correct part turns up!

EDIT - Looking again the the RMA details it definitely specifies the wrong SKU. As the form is now "locked" it won't allow me to reply to point out this pertinent fact. Could someone please look at the opening paragraph of my tech support case (and the attached photograph in my third reply clearly indicating the correct part/SKU) and assure the correct part is being sent out today?!?

A, I live in the UK. Is it really Corsairs approach that I should call an international number for the third time given the previous couldn't care less attitude I experienced this first two times I called?

B, "Tech support" is the point of contact I've dealt with so far. In fact it's the point of contact your website guided me down all along. How can they suddenly "have nothing to do with that" when they'e assured me a replacement is on the way but listed the wrong part/sku?!?!

It's all a far cry from the legendary support Corsair like to promote so far in my shambolic experience.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but there is no other way you can install skype and call the toll free number for free.

I will send them a message but they close in an hour.

Edit:

I just verified with customer service and they did send you a Fan Controller for a 600T case is that not the right part and it was sent yesterday?

The part/sku they quoted they sent me was for the an actual 600T, i.e the whole case itself, (SKU# CC600T) where I own, and pointed out extremely clearly, a 600T White Edition SE (SKU# CC600TWM-WHT).

It's interesting that you suggest they've actually sent a "Fan controller" which alludes to a specific component within the case itself which Corsair have previously stated "The case fan controller is not a replaceable part".

So what exactly have they sent me? A "fan controller"? Is it a "replaceable part" or not?

So the whole contradictory saga continues.

• Corsair Employee
The fan controller was not available when the case was first released and we would send the whole case. And again I am sorry I don't know what color was sent to you please contact our customer service directly. I am not in the office so it is not easy for me to call them for you. Just dial the toll number and choose "0" in Skype and it will be a free call then ask for Harold.

Harold must be a very busy man because three times I've called and three times he's been unavailable.

I have however had another email. This time it confirms the RMA has been shipped.

However yet again it lists the wrong part/sku and even better than that it says -

"RMA number 4643396 has now been shipped by UPS Express Saver. Your UPS tracking number is . "

My tracking number is a full stop.

So in summary I have a four month old case with a broken fan controller. I was ignored for almost a week by "Tech support" until I post on this forum when low and behold I get a flood of emails shortly after. No-one seems to know exactly what has been sent to me but all the emails suggest it's the wrong part and I can't even track it as the reference is missing in the email.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/griff_90/00468af8.jpg

That just arrived. No documentation, no fitting instructions, nothing.

Am I expected to dismantle my five month old case and somehow replace the PCB myself?

Pathetic.

I can see deleted posts, and I don't see it.

Having said that, your new thread looks almost identical to post # 10 here. Did you double post, or did someone merge the old thread into this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/griff_90/00468af8.jpg

That just arrived. No documentation, no fitting instructions, nothing.

Am I expected to dismantle my five month old case and somehow replace the PCB myself?

Pathetic.

Any chance of a pic of that from the other side? Looks exactly like what I need. I will probably receive the same part. Just want to check its suitable. I took apart the case with ease and took out the fan controller to examine it. It was attached to the top panel which slips off with a few retention clips.

I can see deleted posts, and I don't see it.

Having said that, your new thread looks almost identical to post # 10 here. Did you double post, or did someone merge the old thread into this one?

Post 10 in here is a duplicate. My original thread in the cases section was definitely deleted by someone.

• Corsair Employee
There was no deleted post in the Case thread we would see if it it were and only Administrators can delete or the O/P. So I am sorry more than likely your post was submitted and never posted for some reason.

What's the name of the manager or director in control of technical support? An email address would be appreciated.

Once again tech support have stopped responding and even customer service (via the Contact Us form) haven't had the courtesy to acknowledge me let alone reply.

• Corsair Employee

You can call our the main number listed under contact on the main site and choose option 2 and ask for a manager that will get you to me and I will be happy to help you. Our hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday Through Friday Excluding Holidays.

And what was your case number I will be happy to look into the case?

I don't want to call hence asking for an email address. There seems to be an automatic assumption that everyone can call Corsair. What about those who are hard of hearing for example?!?

The case number is, and always has been, in the thread title.

• Corsair Employee

Okay I am sorry to hear that do you have any type or messenger service associated with the email address on your case? So we can chat with you on line? I am sorry but we are trying to help you here. Have you spoke to the reseller to see if they can maybe help you?

P.S. I did send you an email address you can write to in your TSX Case. In addition we are sending you instructions on how to replace the controller, but I am sorry there are no pictures.

If I get sent a fan controller like buchanan did I would also very upset, especially without any documentation to fit the new part. But hey atleast he got something! A reply back would be well appreciated.

It was me that they messed around for two weeks and then just sent a PCB/wiring loom to not buchanan. He just posted in my thread.

Archived