Corsair Community

Rapidfire: wich O-Rings?

gpvecchi

Hello gpvecchi,

I'm comparing the two keyboards and switch and the keycap is the same.

There is no physical difference except the distance required for the RAPIDFIRE keyboards requires less distance to actuate.

In essence, it's even better to type on since you may not even bottom out on most of the key presses.

Thanks, keycaps looks the same, in effects the issue could be related to travel distance. I have heavy hand, so I tend to bottom out keys...:D:

I had some thin o-rings, I actually found some thicker ones...

Thanks!

FYI: I just found that 1.5 mm O-rings are not enough, the optimal would be between 2 and 2.5 mm.

But I haven't found any trasparent 2.5 mm oring, so the best you can get is to put two 1.5 mm O-Rings per key. This will result around in 1 mm less excursion for the key.

Investigating further, I discovered that 1.8 mm reduce the excursion of 4 mm.

So you have a gap of 1.4 mm between button and pressed switch. As Rapidfire has a lower excursion of 4-3.4=0.6mm, you'll have a gap of 2 mm between button and switch.

So you'll need O-rings going from 2.2 mm to 2.5. But I can't fing any trasparent ones...

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I forgot to update the post... I already got exactly those ORs.

2.5 mm fits perfectly, they give a little reduction to the excursion, I'd say around 0.3 mm. I bought even 3 mm ORs, switch works fine, excursion is very low (something around 2.5 mm total), like a laptop keyboard.

Personally, I don't like it, too short, and bottoming is a little gummy...

Sorry, I forgot to update the post... I already got exactly those ORs.

2.5 mm fits perfectly, they give a little reduction to the excursion, I'd say around 0.3 mm. I bought even 3 mm ORs, switch works fine, excursion is very low (something around 2.5 mm total), like a laptop keyboard.

Personally, I don't like it, too short, and bottoming is a little gummy...

So would you recommend the 2.5mm?

• 2 months later...

Archived