Corsair Community

Force GS Series 128GB Raid Not Running up to Spec

ace2289

I just recently built a computer and I was very much pleased with the performance overall. However I could not get either of the two SSDs two run up to spec. I could only get 350MB/s read and 300MB/s write out on Crystal Disk Mark. I have already checked the motherboard, updated the BIOS, downloaded the latest drivers. In RAID 0 I am getting 700MB-760MB/s read. It almost seems like the speeds are not stable. Even extracting a file on the desktop from a zip file that is on the desktop seems to be fairly slow, never goes above 10MB/s. So I am starting worry. The firmware on the SSDs is 5.05A, however, the latest sandforce firmware on the forum shows 5.03. So I am little confused. I have tried different cables as well. So I would appreciate all the input. I am hoping it is something small I might have overlooked, but I have exhausted every nook and cranny trying to get the most out of my investment. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Note: Apparently it made a liar out of me and did EVEN WORSE this time on crystal disk mark. And the other issue I have had is the fact that it only lets me use 226GB in RAID 0 where as Intel Raid Management still recognizes it as two 119GB drive even though they are both 128GB drives.

Thanks

868111553_CystalDiskMark.jpg.6beb3fab2ef2d22bf60fd69b7a2cdadd.jpg

Here are the results. From what I could tell, I was up to spec according to ATTO. Then why is it that I have used crystal benchmark for all my other SSDs and they have performed up to spec in it but these corsairs?

ATTO.jpg.f86f0f1dd8a4db679229af8d6e5e22c9.jpg

I have tested my ocz and Kingston ssds with crystal and they were up to spec. I am not complaining or anything. But I just wanted to be sure that it is performing up to spec. That's all. I just didn't want malfunctioning ssds after installing my software and all. Is there any reason they perform so bad in crystal bench mark?

I guess I don't have an issue other than the fact why it takes so long sometimes to extract a zip file from the desktop to the desktop. I have two of these suckers Raided for over a gig of throughput. But it seems like a very lame performance mark when on paper it seems pretty epic. Don't get me wrong I don't want to come off as a whiner, I just want to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Second question would be: How come CDM is not accurate about showing performance? I have used it for the longest time and it showed up to spec on my other solid states before, even in raid for that fact.

Archived