Corsair Community

Corsair Void USB

Chedv

Hello,

I've recently purchased the Corsair Void USB headset and within a week, began having problems whilst using a voice chat application called Discord.

I have not tried any other apps yet.

The headset works perfectly will for delivering audio from music, videos, games, etc, but will not deliver any audio from time to time whilst using this app.

My friends who are also on Discord, can hear me perfectly and I can see my microphone being picked up, but I can't hear anything, no voice, no notification noises from within the app, nothing.

After some fiddling with Corsairs CUE software, my own audio settings, Discords audio settings and a restart of my machine or two, it does randomly come back on to working perfect, sending and receiving audio.

Please, if anyone knows of or has experienced something similar to this, ca you let me know, as it's already making me want to return the headset and move away from Corsair for good!

Thanks,

Matt.

I am experiencing something extremely similar.

The headset worked flawlessly until a friend of mind told me to get this Discord app on my computer. Apparently it's better than most other communication tools (Skype, for example) for a multitude of reasons. I have not used the headset to communicate with anyone since yesterday, when I installed Discord. I played a solo game, then went to bed. The computer was left on and the headset plugged in.

After work today, I just came home, unplugged the headset, turned it on, and changed the settings on my computer to use it as the default device.

CUE is now telling me that the device status is "malfunction." That doesn't sound good. Also, when I tried to use the Void to play the game's audio, it doesn't appear to be working. The headset flashes lights every once in a while, and seemingly randomly. I've reconnected the headset to the wire and have gotten no changes.

I'm going to uninstall Discord and let you know if that changes anything. I didn't really like it when I played with it anyway.

-K-

Archived