Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe and Corsair 3200LLPT

zero.g

I'm having problems with my Corsair ram... With 1 of the 2 twinx sticks in my board, everything runs fine and dandy, no problems. When I pop the second one in for Dual-Channel operation, everything goes nuts. I've updated to the lastest bios for my motherboard. Any suggestions?

The sticks are both in the correct slots for dual-channel operation By "goes nuts" I mean programs crash when I try to run them. If I run Internet Explorer it brings my whole system down. The memory timings and voltages are set to the default for the P4C, I never changed any of that.

Here's my hardware configuration just in case... Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz/800Mhz Corsair TwinX CMX256A - 3200LLPT 512mb total ATi Radeon 9700 Pro card version PN xxx-xxxxx-11 Maxtor Ultra Series 80gb/7200rpm/8mb Cache Memorex 40x MAXX CD-R/W Antec Sonata w/ 400-watt TruePower PSU

Try these settings: Memory Voltage- 2.75v Manually set memory timings to 2,2,3,6, and burst length to 8. Performance Acceleration Mode- Standard Memory Turbo-Auto. Manually set Memory DRAM Frequency to 400mhz Manually set CPU Frequency to 200mhz Good luck and let us know if this helps. Mike.

I'm having a similar problem....crashing when in dual mode..only I've tested both sticks by individually and they work fine. Also, both sticks work fine if not in dual channel. I'm waiting for a response from ASUS although I'm about ready to try some ideas posted in here. I would suggest checking the sticks individually and then perhaps not in dual channel. Jim

Archived