Corsair Community

corsair's powder coat on 900D / build log

kman108

hello, i'm new to this forum and case modding/ water cooling in general. I looked briefly through the forums to see if any other people were asking the same question i have but couldn't find anything. So if this has indeed been asked and answered already then at least this will be the start of a build log. so.....

has anyone tried to get the same powder corsair uses to paint the 900 D frame? I'm looking to match some custom brackets and panels with the original powder coat. I dont want to take the whole thing apart and powder coat the entire case with a new powder, and it would annoy the crap out of me if the finishes were off by a bit. To the mods here, can you see if this powder is available for sale either through corsair or their supplier? or if you can do me a favor and just travel to china grab a pound of it off the assembly line and sell it to me for 10 bucks? heheh. If none of that is an option has anyone tried to match with another product?

Nobody? Ok well here's what I'm trying to paint.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/kman108/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151111_230107754_zps1eu6mppi.jpg

Corsair's official response through their customer support was "that information is confidential". Which is understandable. Guess I'll need to order a number of paint swatches to see what matches best. On another note does anyone know of a powder coat that's uv reactive and white? I've only found one company that supplies such a product (APP) but unfortunately I don't think they ship to Canada.

Archived