Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 on Asus Rampage III Extreme

DRMons

Hi,

I bought 6 x CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 to have 24GB on my Asus Rampage III Extreme

I installed the 6 ram but only 16GB are visible and usable

Apparently, bad detection by BIOS, I already tried to set up it manually with some parameters found on forum but no working, the only change is the speed of the ram, in automatical settings, it are working at 667 MHz (the half), with manual settings, 1066 MHz

How I need to set up it to have the 24GB visible and usable at full speed ?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

thanks for your advice, I already tried to activate "XMP Profile" option, but no way, it's not working

when I light on my computer, the power led become on and the fans are starting, after my computer shut off, restart with only power led on and fans started, shut off again, and then my computer is starting and Windows is loading

if I remove 2 RAMS to use only dual-channel and no more tri-channel, I always get 16 GB and my computer is starting immediatly

with all 6 RAMS of 4GB, on start, the bios see 16GB, Windows too

I tested with CPU-Z and this one tell me 24GB are installed but in the "Timings Table" I see 3 JEDEC configurations (#1, #2 and #3)

reported Frequencies (444MHz, 592 MHz and 666 MHz)

I'm computer scientist and I use Virtual Machines, reason of the need of 24 GB

I bought 6 x CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 to have 24GB on my Asus Rampage III Extreme

It's never recomended to mix memory. Even two kits of the exact same part number can cause issues with the others. Throw in the fact that you have 6 unmatched sticks in your machine could be the root of all your problems. All it takes is one slight difference between any two modules and it will throw the whole system out. More than likely that is why XMP will not run either.

If you can return them and purchase a single 24gig matched kit would be your best bet.

I tested with CPU-Z and this one tell me 24GB are installed but in the "Timings Table" I see 3 JEDEC configurations (#1, #2 and #3)

reported Frequencies (444MHz, 592 MHz and 666 MHz)

That is just a table of the different frequencies those sticks will support and does not change. Those vaues get doubled and read as your actual frequency. 666mhz x2 would be 1333mhz. Look at the memory tab in cpuz to see what what they are running at exactly.

Archived