Corsair Community

ICue instantly crashing

NotResponding

Hi all,

My searching in frustration, hence the user name, have brought me here so I hope to find some assistance.

I have had the H100i CPU cooler for some time now. I couldn't tell you what prompted me to attempt to tinker with the fan curve but I went to open up Corsair Link. This prompted me that the H100i is controlled through ICue.

I downloaded the latest version from the Corsair official download page.

It installed without any issue but I cannot get the program to launch without instantly crashing. No information comes up on the program itself.

I have read through probably a dozen threads on here ranging back to the release of ICue itself attempting different fixes. Nothing has prevailed so far.

I even found an older release of ICue but that failed just the same.

Win 10 Pro if that helps.

Thanks

Edit: Another day, still functioning after removal of Link.

you need to have link not installed or it simply wont work right, they are incompatible and icue cannot be installed alongside link as far as i know

Not true. Link yields control to iCue when it's installed and they do play nice together.

OP: do you have any other devices that iCue is controlling that Link can't control? Do you have crash logs? (hint: look in event viewer.) Are you running any other monitor software? How about Duet Display (to view iOS devices)?

One other device. K63 wireless keyboard.

I do not have crash logs but I will try to find them.

I have HWMonitor and CPUZ installed if this is what you mean by monitor software.

I do not have Duet.

BUT oddly enough after removing Link, shutting down, then installing ICue. My first attempt was installed prior to shutdown. It is now working if I right click in the tray and select "bring to foreground". So problem solved? Maybe.

DevBiker thanks for the correction above, at OP, when he said monitoring, yes CPUZ as I understand it has/had a problem with a certain DLL alongside iCue (I believe CPUIDSDK.dll in the corsair directory) that caused issues when both are active? Some suggest renaming the DLL.

Seems relevant as well:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=181305&highlight=cpuz

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177867

That said, please update if the current situation remains ameliorated without any further action?

Archived