Corsair Community

SSD Firmware update failed.

sblantipodi

ok, understood.

while upgrading the firmware when there are no issues with performance is strongly advised against, i'm certainly with you in testing new toys/software!

there are other preliminary steps you can take for a successful upgrade. they can be found in this thread.

also please be sure your drive is among the qualifying 22** versions.

if you have the need to try again please make sure you have an image of the drive to restore back should things not go as planned.

good luck:):

ok, understood.

while upgrading the firmware when there are no issues with performance is strongly advised against, i'm certainly with you in testing new toys/software!

there are other preliminary steps you can take for a successful upgrade. they can be found in this thread.

also please be sure your drive is among the qualifying 22** versions.

if you have the need to try again please make sure you have an image of the drive to restore back should things not go as planned.

good luck:):

as I saied I'm upgrading the Force GT so yes it is qualified.

saied that can't understand why ssd toolbox does not work.

you are right, I rebooted and now says that my firmware is 5.05.

this does not seems a reliable tool.

It actually gave you accurate information at the time, since you needed to do a reboot for it to complete the install. It would be better if it told you to re-boot.

I just installed a 480 Neutron GTX and the toolbox, fortunately for me it was up to date. I thought the toolbox really provided me with better information than I get using the "Potato Patch" brands tool (Crucial).

I have a second computer with a older M4 that needs updating as the newfangled UEFI Bios does not recognize the drive on restart. (I will remove the drive, take it to another computer and upgrade there, then swap it back) a lot more work that I did not want to do, Makes me appreciate Corsair though.

you are right, I rebooted and now says that my firmware is 5.05.

this does not seems a reliable tool.

The tool is fine. We have an update coming that will inform the user to restart their system after the update. This notice was accidentally omitted from the 1.0 version.

• 11 months later...

Archived