Corsair Community

Low performance with Force 80 GB

rpmrg

Low performance with Force 80GB on a Foxconn P43 ICH10 motherboard, Q6600,4GB RAM.

150mb/s read/writes with Crystaldiskmark, changed the sata 1 cables to sata ii new ones, bios in ahci mode, windows 7 64bit, the Force disk was upgrade to version 2.0 firmware but nothing changed, the throughput is limited to sata 1 speeds. Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks for all the replys. After some study i found out that Crystaldiskmark and AS-SSD are NOT recommended for use on Sandforce drives, they give false information and actually degrade the drive after some runs. I propose that this information be more public and as a request, we need more information on Sandforce drives, from what i gathered Sandforce uses VERY intelligent tricks that *trick* common HD benchmarks etc.

Thanks for all the replys. After some study i found out that Crystaldiskmark and AS-SSD are NOT recommended for use on Sandforce drives, they give false information and actually degrade the drive after some runs. I propose that this information be more public and as a request, we need more information on Sandforce drives, from what i gathered Sandforce uses VERY intelligent tricks that *trick* common HD benchmarks etc.

This sounds a lot like bogus to me.

1) The reason why ATTO shows higher results is because it is overall a better optimized benchmark, by showing the result at various chunk sizes. Also, it uses strictly sequential data, so it's always going to be higher than a test that uses random data. Regardless it is a great BENCHMARK tool to compare drive to drive.

2) ANY benchmarking test is going to degrade your drive, because of the amount of data that it writes to it. It has nothing to do with specific benchmarking software. I would avoid any benchmarking as much as possible. One test to confirm your advertised speeds and that's about it. Maybe another one later if you suspect a decrease in performance and wanted to confirm.

• Corsair Employee

First thing you can use any bench mark you like I don't have a problem wit that. However, we use ATTO to benchmark our drives and if you want to compare the performance of drives you have install to our reference then you would want to use the same application correct?

Apples to Apples so to speak..::pirate::

First thing you can use any bench mark you like I don't have a problem wit that. However, we use ATTO to benchmark our drives and if you want to compare the performance of drives you have install to our reference then you would want to use the same application correct?

Apples to Apples so to speak..::pirate::

Agreed ::pirate::

Archived