Corsair Community

Latest firmware added a very short sleep

timgiles

Hi,

My K63 recently updated to the latest firmware (from 1.02?) and the new firmware includes a sleep timer that is set to around 20 seconds. It takes the keyboard around 4 seconds to wake - it is making the keyboard almost impossible for me to use.

The previous firmwares didnt have a proper sleep function, which meant the keyboard would run out of power overnight. Now, if I pause programming for what feels like not very long, I start typing and ARGH end up having to wait and repeat what I was typing.

Why is the sleep time not available as a selectable option in the iCue software?

I have turned off my USB selectable powerdown option - it has made no difference.

Any advice?

Hi,

My K63 recently updated to the latest firmware (from 1.02?) and the new firmware includes a sleep timer that is set to around 20 seconds. It takes the keyboard around 4 seconds to wake - it is making the keyboard almost impossible for me to use.

The previous firmwares didnt have a proper sleep function, which meant the keyboard would run out of power overnight. Now, if I pause programming for what feels like not very long, I start typing and ARGH end up having to wait and repeat what I was typing.

Why is the sleep time not available as a selectable option in the iCue software?

I have turned off my USB selectable powerdown option - it has made no difference.

Any advice?

I'm having the exact same issue, after a few minutes the KB goes to sleep and it needs about 5 seconds to wake up and reconnect.

Completely unusable as wireless for me right now.

My K63 Wireless with the new firmware takes quite a few minutes to go into sleep mode. It certainly isn't 20 seconds. Did you try a hardware reset?

Hmm... there is no option to hardware reset on the keyboard. I guess I will just have to hope they update the iCue software soon. Thanks for the advice.

Gosh - had not noticed that. Tried pushing a pin in a few times, short and long clicks of the internal push button. Still - sleep mode sucks. When the keyboard is first turned on the sleep takes over a minute. After using it for a while, the sleep timer turns down to about 5s. :-(

Then I would reflash it. My kb sleeps after about 10 minutes, timed it while watching mah tvz. :) If it continues, then open a ticket and ask for previous firmware. You may have gotten a bad file when it downloaded.

Or ask for the current flash file and try that. Like I said, you may have gotten a bad file download.

Hoppi! Thank you - that did it. Why Corsair can not mark up the options with a bit of a better explanation I dont know.

All sorted

I'm quite sure that it didn't used to be like that, it would turn the leds off (to conserve battery) but it would still maintain some sort of connection with the USB receiver. I noticed almost instantly the new "feature" after I upgraded the firmware.

Archived