Corsair Community

Corsair vengeance 2000 Microphone Background Bass Problem

JaxsonHD

Hello, ever since i bought the headset i had this really annoying background bass in my microphone only. It didn't bother me until i got complaints on Skype telling me that it's annoying, I've had this headset since the 16th of this month and year, i don't rally want to get a replacement because i live in France and it would take forever and it's not really great. Any help would be appreciated i could also do a test recording to show you how big the background bass is.

Cheers ~Jaxson.

https://soundcloud.com/zas-beats/jaxsonhd-bg-bass

Lower your mic volume under 90% should do it. And make sure there is no any mic boost on.

Didn't fix it at all, i tried everything, connecting to all my PC ports, reduce mic level, remove all extension or mic boosts, uninstall and re install drivers and software, hell i even switched from wireless keyboard and mouse to wired and it still didn't fix it, nothing seems to work at all, i really don't know what to do.

This is exactly the noise i got through the mic, but only, when i load it and talk the same time. Jaxson, you might got a bad ground in your house? I have exactly the same with my headset. You got it also in wireless operation!?

Funny thing is, when i take a wire, put it to ground (computercase as example) on the one end and wrap it around the mic at the other end, the "bass" (i suspect it is 50Hz noise) is almost gone.

Can you try earth yourself (touching pc case) while talking? Is there any change then?

Regards,

Andreas

P.S.: You, over there in france got also 220V/50Hz or?

Alright so i tested it on my laptop and i also have the same problem as on my desktop PC, and i just encountered another problem, when i want to hear music i hear some kind of weird cracking noise every 20 seconds, it's not a huge problem but it gets frustrating some times, any considerations? what about getting a sound card, would that fix my problems?

I have all the latest drivers installed.

Thanks for all your replies so far!

Cheers.

• Corsair Employee
Vengeance 2000 doesn't use a sound card as its USB Audio. Try to test the headset one more time at a friend's house to see if your issue is similar to Andreaz's. If it happens there too, put in a RMA request to the left and we'll exchange it for you.

Now i tested it at my sisters house on her computer and the problem still consists and i also had the solid amber problem today but i got it fixed pretty fast since it had low battery..

Am i allowed to do a RMA request in France?

Cheers.

You can request a RMA from anywhere. The closest Corsair hub for RMAs to you is our location in Almere, NL.

Ok thanks, now i need a last push i was doing a RMA Request when it asked for the LOT Code, i looked at the FAQ ("Headset: the code is located on the earcup’s arm") and i still couldn't find it could you maybe upload an example picture or help me finding it? sorry if i'm wasting time for no reason, it's my first time returning something.

Cheers.

Archived