Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro damaged SSD?

VangeAce

I recently experienced a power surge on my Corsair One and experienced a lot of mishap (i.e. Unmountable Boot Volume followed by BIOS constantly opening whenever the PC reset). I have managed to fix the problems but my SSD isn't appearing as an available disk driver to use. It appears in device manager under 'Disk drives' but not under 'Devices and drives'. I am also occassionally getting warnings from Windows to backup my files because the SSD is apparently failing. Is it possible to repair it or is it done for?

Darn. Is it possible to replace it? If so, what could I use?

RAM (memory) and drives (SSD/HDD) are replaceable and it doesn't invalidate the warranty. Here's a Youtube video showing how to do it:

[ame]

[/ame]

And Corsair's Do-It-Yourself page with instructions: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-one-upgrade

They recommend any 2.5" Corsair SATA SSD

Note that end users can only replace the SSD if they have a system with a 2.5" SSD. The M.2 drive isn't user accessible.

Ouch... that could be a problem. As the M.2 drive is the primary boot drive on the system, and if it failed but personal/business data were still retained on it and accessible outside normal means, I'd want to remove it and wouldn't want to (or couldn't due to NDA's) send it back for RMA.

If the m.2 ssd where to fail, and you where out of warranty or just didn't want to send it back. You could just install a standard ssd and use that as your new bootup drive and install the operating system on that.

True, but it's also a sacrifice of the performance an M.2 drive provides. For general use, it's not a big deal. There may be applications, especially in a year or two, where that performance is necessary, not just desired.

If you took your time and documented all of your disassembly, I'm sure you could easily replace the m.2 drive...of course you'd void your warranty, but it's been done by at least one other person on this board I believe...it's not rocket science...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived