Corsair Community

What fans are these?

Zatarot

From the computex demo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=30443&d=1501253143

They look like the HD120/140s but much more tasteful IMO. I can't find any info on these, nicest RGB fans I've since the NXZT Aers(thanking god I didn't buy those yet). Anyone know what these fans are?

They appear to be SP120 RGB fan. Some versions of the 460X and 570XC case come with them and they are also available for retail purchase in three's and singles. You still need the basic lighting controller for operation and the fans have separate wires for power and lighting.

Oops. Yes, they are HD120's in conjunction with Lighting Node Pro to alter the colors a bit more. You can just barely see the clear part of the frame on the rear 120. The colors in the image are only possible with a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

They appear to be SP120 RGB fan. Some versions of the 460X and 570XC case come with them and they are also available for retail purchase in three's and singles. You still need the basic lighting controller for operation and the fans have separate wires for power and lighting.

I don't think those are SPRGB fans, SP's glow in the center, The ones in the OP's pic do not, Could be yet another fan although I doubt a Corsair employee will tell anyone as computer peripherals are apparently more top secret than a cure for cancer.

Oops. Yes, they are HD120's in conjunction with Lighting Node Pro to alter the colors a bit more. You can just barely see the clear part of the frame on the rear 120. The colors in the image are only possible with a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

They aren't the HDRGBs either or the HDs that are out currently as the entire frame is clear whereas the fans pictured have a black frame/frosted hub with a light ring. I like the ones pictured a lot better because they won't flood the case with light washing out any other rgb elements present in the system. My only issue with the current hd fans, and maybe also that they are not ML bearings.

It's very hard to see in the picture and was partly responsible for my incorrect original assessment, but the trademark black band and clear frame is visible in the rear slot. The other reason you don't recognize them is the light pattern has been altered with either a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro + Link. I picked up a set back several months back and thought they were very nice LED fans with decent performance, but far too bright to stay in my case. The missing piece is the software control and the Lighting device. That opens up numerous different lighting schemes beyond the basic R-O-Y-G-B-P-W with the basic controller. You can turn off individual LEDs (12 per fan) to reduce brightness, blend colors, or set up more subtle patterns like the one above.

I was initially put off my the extra expense for the controller, but if you work out the math it is the same cost for the competing products with fans and controllers. At least with this you have a choice and the product is capable of working by itself, unlike the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't possibly fathom how you think those fans pictured in the first image resemble these:

http://i.imgur.com/SC71qn0.jpg img is huge, so I'm not going to direct link it.

The light bleeds everywhere whereas the mystery fans don't. Here's another pic of the mystery fans in a different case, different lighting, at a different angle.

After some more digging they may not even be Corsair fans at all as someone pointed out that they are strikingly similar to these fans by ABKO:

[ame]

[/ame]

I am not sure what you expect any one to say. Computex is a big show with lots of future products. The fans could be a one off made specifically for the show. It could be something in development no one will discuss. We offered several theories about what might be the base for the fan. The same light ring diffuser fan is on the Curve concept case, but with black plastic blades instead of white/frosted. I am going to assume the theory Corsair stuck a third party fan in the case and applied the Sails logo over it at the largest industry event of the year is just "bait" to see if they will answer your question. They do seem a nice match for the next series of coolers, so perhaps there is hope.

Probably these prototype RGB fans mentioned in Corsairs own press release from Computex 2017.

Concept Curve

Concept Curve re-imagines the iconic CORSAIR Graphite 780T in stunning hand-finished carbon fiber and beautiful curved tempered glass, with a dynamic automotive look trimmed in orange and finished with mesmerizing prototype RGB fans. Multiple pieces of curved tempered glass encase Concept Curve, offering unimpeded visuals of the stunning liquid-cooled system within. Redefining the use of luxury materials in a PC, Concept Curve has the looks, finish and feel to match the most outlandish of super cars.

Best

Wulf

Archived