Corsair Community

Key Chatter on my 3rd K70!

NeilTG

I have a key chatter problem on my k70. Currently the 1 key, tab and E are intermittintly registering double presses. As other posts on this subjeect suggest the only solution here seems to be to RMA it. The problem is I have already RMA'd two K70's becasue of key chatter...this is my 3rd K70 in 18 weeks to develop this problem and RMAing it will no doubt only get me another 6 weeks of error free use...at best.

This time I was hopeful as it seemed to be a newer version of the keyboard, with the smooth spacebar that has an LED as opposed to the previous 2 with the textured one, but no such luck. A few weeks in and here we are again :mad:

So what to do now? If I RMA this keyboard again I will no doubt be back on here in 6 weeks time even more frustrated and corsair will have the expense of sending another keyboard half way around Europe... Great for DHL, not so good for the rest of us. There has be some other solution to this problem.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Is it hardware or software or does anyone even know why this keeps happening?

PS. While I am frustrated with the keyboard, I have to say the RMA process and support has been very good. So far I am not out of pocket as prepay labels have been issued for the returns.

It's a hardware issue with the switches, I have to say you had some bad luck having the issue 3 times.

Since the problem is the switch itself there is no way to fix it yourself unless you replace the switch. In your case it would be best to RMA it again..

I was afraid of that - I think I might just bin it or else give it to my kids becasue I am starting to think its more than bad luck and I NEED an accurate keyboard for my job. I use it mostly for work and I am now wondering if I am just picking up on a problem that most people wouldn't notice while gaming (I am a graphic designer so accuracy of my input devices is essential).

Yes it does it on my other windows computer. Before I RMA'd the 1st keyboard I tested it extensively on various computers and the weird thing was it didn't miss a beat on my old linux machine over a test of about 1000 keystrokes of the main offending key, while it was making up to 1 error every 10 strikes on the win8.1 computer. I haven't tested this particular keyboard quite so much because I am getting fed up with the whole thing. This keyboard seems to be in the early stages so it is still usable right now (eg I typed this para with no double keystrokes occuring), but if it follows the same path as the other two it will be bricked in a couple of weeks time.

• 2 years later...
I have a key chatter problem on my k70. Currently the 1 key, tab and E are intermittintly registering double presses. As other posts on this subjeect suggest the only solution here seems to be to RMA it. The problem is I have already RMA'd two K70's becasue of key chatter...this is my 3rd K70 in 18 weeks to develop this problem and RMAing it will no doubt only get me another 6 weeks of error free use...at best.

This time I was hopeful as it seemed to be a newer version of the keyboard, with the smooth spacebar that has an LED as opposed to the previous 2 with the textured one, but no such luck. A few weeks in and here we are again :mad:

So what to do now? If I RMA this keyboard again I will no doubt be back on here in 6 weeks time even more frustrated and corsair will have the expense of sending another keyboard half way around Europe... Great for DHL, not so good for the rest of us. There has be some other solution to this problem.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Is it hardware or software or does anyone even know why this keeps happening?

PS. While I am frustrated with the keyboard, I have to say the RMA process and support has been very good. So far I am not out of pocket as prepay labels have been issued for the returns.

Try this: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29

The guy I spoke to on chat, after 10-15 minutes, eventually said they can do a full refund, so I went ahead and contacted support officially. I was refused a refund, so I requested a prepaid label, since this is the second time I had to return it due to no fault of my own. My request for a prepaid label was also declined. So, on top of a ridiculously overpriced keyboard I have had to pay for two returns with insurance to cover the cost.

Archived