Corsair Community

750D Airflow Edition

AusQB

So for the last couple weeks or so I've been stewing on a new build but am holding off for now, it looked like I was going to need an immediate replacement but things are looking alright. However, I still intend on upgrading soon and one of the things I keep looking over is the case.

After a lot of searching and looking through threads and videos, the 750D seemed like a great choice. The only thing that concerned me, and apparently a lot of other people, was the front panel. While the consensus seemed to be that the panel doesn't have a significant impact on cooling performance, it was still something I wasn't too sure about.

Now looking at the Corsair website again I notice they have released an Airflow Edition of the 750D with a mesh front panel. This is great, a couple AF140s in there would be wonderful. However, what if I want green LED fans in there? They'd have to be SP fans, and assuming I don't have the drive cages there (I would probably have at least one with maybe one drive), it seems like a lot of wasted cooling potential.

I guess this is more a gripe about the fans than the case, but why are there no LED AF fans in green?

Regarding the case itself, I assume it's virtually identical apart from the panel. I was actually hoping by scouring their site to find a hint of the next Obsidian case which might address some of the issues with the 750D, including the bottom grommet positions, and bottom dust filters (or lack thereof).

The other thing which is probably the biggest issue for me (as an Australian) is how long we can expect to wait to get our hands on these and how much we'll have to save away. I'd expect they'd be the same price as the regular 750D.

On the other hand, would I really need that much more intake air for a single GPU configuration? And on the regular 750D, would SP front intake fans be wasteful? Would the LEDs even be noticeable enough from the side?

Both cases are nice.

I would chose Air Flow edition because better air flow, but normal 750D look excellent too.

I think that front fan are not wasting on normal 750D but better airflow is with mesh panel. And with LED fans you will not see only LEDs from front side but inside case everything will be same. Only 3 LED fans are enough to whole case shine and every component to be recognizable. On top and on back side. If you install and on front panel LED fans that would be 5 of them and interior will shine.

And with LED fans you will not see only LEDs from front side but inside case everything will be same. Only 3 LED fans are enough to whole case shine and every component to be recognizable. On top and on back side. If you install and on front panel LED fans that would be 5 of them and interior will shine.

Since I plan to have the top exhaust fans above the rad, I think the green might be blocked a fair bit but still provide some glow to the upper area of the case, meanwhile the white rear fan will illuminate the CPU area.

I just wish I could visualize it properly before ordering it. Every build I see puts the top fans below the rad, so it's hard to tell what it might look like the other way around.

• Corsair Employee
Honestly using SP140 fans instead of AF140 fans isn't really going to affect your performance meaningfully. If I were building it up I'd just use whichever fans I liked the best, the airflow in the 750D Airflow Edition is crazy good.

Honestly using SP140 fans instead of AF140 fans isn't really going to affect your performance meaningfully. If I were building it up I'd just use whichever fans I liked the best, the airflow in the 750D Airflow Edition is crazy good.

I'm sure it is, but is it worth waiting however long I'd have to for it?

• 1 month later...
This seemed as good thread as any, so here goes. Is there white 750D, or is there going to be white 750D? 750D would be otherwise perfect case for me, but its wrong color. I'm propably gonna buy it anyway and gonna paint it by professional. But it would be easier to just buy white version.

I was very impressed that Corsair kept us existing owners in mind when the airflow edition launched, and sold the cover separately.

Too many companies launch and forget, or launch and go for obsolescence to convince existing customers to buy again.

Kudos there!

I'm hoping that once it becomes more mainstream, there will be a front panel upgrade for USB type C!

Also,

I don't understand the obsession with getting colors and fans with lights etc. right.

To me, the best computer case is one that hides under my desk and is neither seen nor heard. it's what is on screen that is important :p

I pretty much agree with you. That said, at the moment, my computer is on my desk and has 3 blue led fans going, mainly because if I switch them off and then reboot, 2 of them come back on.

I pretty much agree with you. That said, at the moment, my computer is on my desk and has 3 blue led fans going, mainly because if I switch them off and then reboot, 2 of them come back on.

Well, in the past I would have shunned LED fans as gaudy and annoying. You know the "ground effects" equivalent on a computer. I bought a few of them by accident though due to not reading the description thoroughly enough. When I caught my error, I decided against cancelling the order, as they fit my needs otherwise, and I figured I could just cut off the LED's if I wanted to.

I have five of them (three slots up top, and two slots up front) installed now, and tey bother me less than I thought they would.

The boxes said they were white, but they look more blue to me, especially in this picture but this one is exacerbated due to the indoor incadescent white balance.

I'm keeping them for now.

19967410200_6ac400daea.jpg

Archived