Corsair Community

H150i mounting question - washers?

RodimusPrime

The unit comes with 24 washers...looking at the install guide, only 12 of them are explicitly mentioned, used with the short rad mounting screws. Should the other 12 be used for the long screws that mount the fans to the rad? If so, should the washers be on the fan side or rad side? Thanks!

they are supplied in case you go Push/pull on the radiator dude. meaning you would have fans both sides of the Rad. and the washers go onto the screws before you insert them into any holes ;)

Even if you go push/pull, 12 are needed for the small rad screws to mount the unit to the case, where do the other 12 go? To the push side or pull side?

You wouldn't be using the little screws in push pull dude... 24 long screws.. 12 either side with 12 washers.

Yes, sorry, it's late here :)

This then goes back to my original question...should you be using washers on the long screws to mount the fans in a single push config, top mounted as exhaust? You seemed to imply you would in a push/pull, so why not in a single push?

Yes, sorry, it's late here :)

This then goes back to my original question...should you be using washers on the long screws to mount the fans in a single push config, top mounted as exhaust? You seemed to imply you would in a push/pull, so why not in a single push?

You would use them in single push as well. Exactly how and where depends on the installation but, in general, if you're using a screw, also use a washer.

Also, a washer is pretty much a washer for this kind of thing. Essential on some case materials and less impact on other materials. You can get more or different thicknesses from your local hardware store. Using a slightly thicker washer is a way to deal screws that are just a little too long and might push onto the radiator fins.

Archived