The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 PM
EugenF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 537275
EugenF Reputation: 10
Default Force 115 error after wake up form Win7 sleeping mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiloop View Post
is there any ETA for the F115 series and the Power issue ?

we have customers complaining about laptops not booting up, and they are not able to deselect 'quick boot' in the bios (Asus and Sony Laptops)

the drive has firmware 2.1a I assume this is the last available (and can not be found on this site ?)

- so do we have to wait for 1-12 months to get this issue solved?
- is there another product range with similair specs WITHOUT this problem so we can replace the drives ?
I have the same Force 115 with 2.1a firmware and Win7 got blocked with "The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error..."
Please help.
Is any chances to have an update for firmware like Force3/GT models?

Last edited by EugenF; 10-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
EugenF's PC Specs

POST ID # = 540676
EugenF Reputation: 10

Updated to 2.4 firmware and the sleep problem didn't disapeared. F115 it is not compatible with my laptop(ICH9M-E/M controler).
I returned it to the shop.
Bye.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:53 PM

POST ID # = 545336
nonoco Reputation: 10

Same for me ...

I updated to 2.4 firmware and the sleep problem didn't disappeared.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 AM
rhesuspieces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 548001
rhesuspieces Reputation: 10
Default Status of my upgrade

The hardware involved is:
Toshiba R705-P35 (laptop)
Corsair Force Series F240 SSD

When I bought this laptop and SSD a year ago, I had problems with the system finding the SSD on cold boot. Maybe 1/3 of the time the drive would not be found. I had no problems with putting the system to sleep or using hibernate.

With each BIOS upgrade I had fewer times when the SSD would not be found. I continued with the usual Windows updates. I was running the Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller (SATA drivers) version 9.x.x.x.

I upgraded the SSD firmware to version 2.0. Around this time I updated the Toshiba BIOS to version 2.10. The boot problem was a rare occurrence. I had upgraded the Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller (SATA drivers) to version 10.1.0.1008. Still no problems with sleep or hibernate.

I upgraded the SATA drivers to version 10.8.0.103. I started to have sleep problems. The BSOD would happen coming out of a sleep. Although they were rare, I still had the boot problem. Still no problems with hibernate.

I upgraded to SSD firmware version 2.4. No problems with the upgrade. I still had the boot problem and I still had the sleep BSOD. Still no problems with hibernate.

I backed the SATA drivers down to version 10.1.0.1008.

My current configuration is:
Toshiba R705-P35
BIOS 2.10
Windows 7SP1 64-bit
Intel 5 Series 4-port SATA ACHI Controller version 10.1.0.1008
Corsair Force Series F240 firmware 2.4

I'm still testing but I haven't been able to break anything so far.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:28 AM
danspy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 548620
danspy Reputation: 10

Grate!

SATA ACHI Controller 10.1.0.1008 work,s also for me, on my H67 Desktop and on my Acer Aspire (PH 55).

No More BSOD,s on Wacke-up from Sleep for now.

Cheers!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:32 PM

POST ID # = 548831
rick23ro Reputation: 10

Fw 2.4 and rst 10.8.0.1003 are the winning combination for my F60A and F115A on my desktop and notebook. Both systems resume normally from sleep now.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Garrydd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 550971
Garrydd Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Please re-read what I said. I said THAT thread, not THIS thread. I also only stated that you hadn't posted anything about your troubleshooting, not that you hadn't troubleshot your issue.

What I am suggesting is that if you are having an issue then it's in your best interest to interact with Corsair support in one way or another. 70 posts in 1 year (some by the same people) isn't exactly indicative of an underlying issue when they've sold what probably amounts to tens if not hundreds of thousands of drives.
I bought 120GB Force Series 3 SSD this october and instantly faced the BSOD after awaking. I found this thread, read it, and decided that this problem just be solved soon.

I did not registered, cos i just had not time that day.

I just want to say that that 70 people are not only who have this problem.

a lot of people are just "read-only", but that doesn't mean that just 0.000001% of users have some BSOD, so the hell with them.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 550993
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrydd View Post
I bought 120GB Force Series 3 SSD this october and instantly faced the BSOD after awaking. I found this thread, read it, and decided that this problem just be solved soon.

I did not registered, cos i just had not time that day.

I just want to say that that 70 people are not only who have this problem.

a lot of people are just "read-only", but that doesn't mean that just 0.000001% of users have some BSOD, so the hell with them.
Updated your firmware?
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 12-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Garrydd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 551079
Garrydd Reputation: 10

Yes, I updated to 1.3.3

Old 01-04-2012, 06:32 AM
mauromol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 552004
mauromol Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromol View Post
For the sake of truth, I have to say that I solved my own problem, which was caused by a variation of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330100 rather than by the Force SSD. In my case, I had a page file on a slave IDE hard disk (in addition to that on the SSD) and this was causing problems when resuming from stand-by.
Well, after months of tests, I must quote myself to say that the cited Microsoft KB didn't fully solve my problem. It lowered the frequency of BSODs after resuming, but I'm still seeing problems about 1 every 3-4 times I resume the system from sleep. I will try to update my Force Series to 2.4 firmware release, to see if it's better... However, I would appreciate a changelog for that firmware release...

Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Pyrophoric's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554384
Pyrophoric Reputation: 10

Wow, this thread was started in July of 2011. Really, there is no fix yet?!

Anyways, tried this among many other silly things, nothing has worked. No malice intended, Corsair products just dont work well with most technology out there, included it's own. My power supply, ram, HDD and even my case is Corsair but even with that, it doesn't work together. :(

Tried another SSD, no problems ... period.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 AM
mauromol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554419

The problem is in the SandForce 1200 controller. Corsair Force Series are not the only SSDs based on that controller that suffer from the same problem. However, I think I've read that other manufacturers have already released an updated firmware for their SandForce 1200 based SSDs to fix it during the latest months.
I'm wondering why Corsair isn't committed to this, given the fact that the problem is known since 2010 and that the main responsibility is SandForce's... so Corsair should just adapt an updated firmware from them and bundle it.

I would like to test the firmware 2.4 in my configuration (someone says that fixes the problem... I think it depends on HW config), but the "alternate" firmware package that I need to use for my variant of F60 wasn't released yet. OCZ did release its latest firmware for SandForce 1200 based SSDs with both packages... why didn't Corsair do the same?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:37 AM
mauromol's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554420

By the way, the real workaround to this problem seems to be the following: if you are using Vista or 7, use hibernation instead of suspension. If you are using XP, use suspension instead of stand-by. Of course, this is just a workaround, because the two features aren't the same...

Last edited by Wired; 01-13-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: don't go around the filter

Old 01-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Pyrophoric's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554459
Pyrophoric Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromol View Post
By the way, the real workaround to this problem seems to be the following: if you are using Vista or 7, use hibernation instead of suspension. If you are using XP, use suspension instead of stand-by. Of course, this is just a workaround, because the two features aren't the same...
Yeah, I that is what I was finding last night.

Gonna buy a ******** M4 today and hopefully RMA the Corsair. Will use it as a secondary drive, I just can't count on the products anymore.

Edit: Forgot about filtering.

Sad

Old 01-13-2012, 04:44 PM

POST ID # = 554546
dhk- Reputation: 10

My questions here are:

1) After the years it's taken Corsair to (maybe) sort this out, why can't they bother making an OS X installer for the 2.4 firmware updater?

2) Why aren't Mac users warned that the installer doesn't work on OS X?

3) Why is there no indication on the official Corsair site that they don't support OS X – where they quite contrary touts their SSDs as "Proven technology with installations on tens of thousands of systems worldwide"?

Please note that these questions are not rethorical – I've asked before, and I really want answers. See also this thread for my experience with the issue: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/show...d=1#post553973

Corsair now say that they'd be "happy to update the firmware for me." Great. They want me to remove my main drive, sensitive data and all, and send it overseas for an indefinite amount of time. I don't even know if it will solve the problem, all the latest posts in this thread considered.

I would advice all Mac users to stay away from Corsair products, and all users in general to be very cautious, as Corsair promises more than they deliver wrt compability, and additionally fails in supplying users with relevant and well-known info on their sites.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: